how often should I check spark plugs suzuki boulevard c90t
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 suzuki boulevard c90t
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    27

    Exclamation how often should I check spark plugs suzuki boulevard c90t

    Hi there I bought a 2013 suzuki boulevard c90t .a year ago and I have 11.000 miles on it I'm just wondering how often should I check or change the spark plugs,the manual owner say 8.000 miles but everybody else is saying only once a year and since is new even more than that,does anybody knows exactly how often??? I also want to know how often synthetic oil should be change ..every 3.000 or 5.000 since is synthetic??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Still crazy after all these years

    My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Location
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Posts
    14,169
    Modern plugs don't need to be changed that often - if the bike is running OK, then there's nothing to worry about. A fouled plug is pretty obvious - you lose performance and the bike doesn't sound right anymore.

    As for changing the oil and filter, yeah, you should do that more often. Synthetic or not is almost a religious question - some people don't trust synthetic oils in their bike because it can cause the clutch to slip (remember, a bike uses the same oil for the engine and the gearbox, while a car has two separate oil systems). Others swear by synthetics and won't use dinosaur oils anymore. I belong to the former group, but that's a preference, not a scientific fact. In both cases, the oils should hold up about 5000 miles / 8000 kms - but it depends also on many environmental factors: Are you riding in a dry/dusty environment? Do you ride long rides or a short commute where the engine never really gets up to temperature? Or is the bike very cold when you start it in the morning (winter temperatures)? All of these factors can influence the life of the oil...

    There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Pizza is not safe around me. - Me


  4. #3
    Super Moderator

    My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    11,993
    Welcome to the forum.

    There is no "exactly" how often for changing plugs but since plugs are cheap, I see no reason to "check" them.
    Once they are out, just put in new ones.

    How many of those 11K miles are yours ?

    What does the OM say about the oil change interval ?
    To be safe, you should not go much past that.
    The synthetic will just give you a bit of extra protection.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 suzuki boulevard c90t
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    27
    (to Inspiron)I live in Miami so pretty much hot and humid weather all year,I take long rides most of the time and 20 min daily ride to work.
    (Easy rider) 11k all mine I bought the bike brand new I've been doing oil and oil filter change every 3k

  7. #5
    Super Moderator

    My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    11,993
    Quote Originally Posted by kayserchile74 View Post
    (Easy rider) 11k all mine I bought the bike brand new I've been doing oil and oil filter change every 3k
    But what does the book recommend for oil changes ??

    Many recent models have the change interval up to 7K miles.
    With full synthetic, I wouldn't blink at a 5K interval.......or 12 months.

    I figure the recommended plug interval and the valve check interval are both WAY too conservative and have been doing mine at 15K intervals.....which for me means about every 3 years.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

  8. #6
    Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    Location
    Los Padres National Foreast
    Posts
    1,359
    Welcome to the forum. I change oil on my Harley between 3k and 5k depending on how hard it's been ridden. I also change the air filter at the same time.

  9. #7
    Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    Location
    Los Padres National Foreast
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Modern plugs don't need to be changed that often - if the bike is running OK, then there's nothing to worry about. A fouled plug is pretty obvious - you lose performance and the bike doesn't sound right anymore.

    As for changing the oil and filter, yeah, you should do that more often. Synthetic or not is almost a religious question - some people don't trust synthetic oils in their bike because it can cause the clutch to slip (remember, a bike uses the same oil for the engine and the gearbox, while a car has two separate oil systems). Others swear by synthetics and won't use dinosaur oils anymore. I belong to the former group, but that's a preference, not a scientific fact. In both cases, the oils should hold up about 5000 miles / 8000 kms - but it depends also on many environmental factors: Are you riding in a dry/dusty environment? Do you ride long rides or a short commute where the engine never really gets up to temperature? Or is the bike very cold when you start it in the morning (winter temperatures)? All of these factors can influence the life of the oil...
    I like that analogy and it's so true.

  10. #8
    Super Moderator

    My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    11,993
    Quote Originally Posted by anrfknm View Post
    I also change the air filter at the same time.
    Unless you ride in a REALLY dirty environment, that probably is WAY overkill.
    And in my experience, air filter elements for bikes are WAY overpriced.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

  11. #9
    Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    Location
    Los Padres National Foreast
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Unless you ride in a REALLY dirty environment, that probably is WAY overkill.
    And in my experience, air filter elements for bikes are WAY overpriced.
    It's quite easy; I have two washable air filters and put in a clean one with the oil change then clean the old one so it's ready for the next time.

  12. #10
    Super Moderator

    My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    11,993
    OH.....THAT kind of a change.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

  13. #11
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 suzuki boulevard c90t
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    27
    thank you everybody for the reply I have a better clue now seems like 5k will be the timing for oil change,the OM said 3k but when you use synthetic everyone tells me 5k,spark plugs the OM said every 8k but seems like is a little to early.
    Thanks everybody


 

Sponsored Links

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. any 2013 suzuki boulevard C90T BOSSes out there!!
    By C90TBOSS in forum The Boulevard
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-20-2016, 07:36 PM
  2. Suzuki Boulevard C90T
    By SANDYBOY in forum New Member Pitstop
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 05:01 PM
  3. help with suzuki spark plugs
    By jc100y in forum Dirt Bikes & ATV's
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM
  4. Suzuki C50 Spark Plugs
    By jdblackburn in forum Cruisers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 02:42 PM
  5. Replacing spark plugs in a suzuki katana 600 (2002)
    By pat1121 in forum Mechanics Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 08:06 PM

Search tags for this page

2013 suzuki c90 spark plugs
,
how many spark plugs on a c90 have
,
how often do i change sperk plugs on my c109r boulevard
,
how often should i change my motorcycle spark plugs?
,
how often should i replace suzuki spark plugs
,
how often to change plugs on a motorcycle?
,
suzuki boulevard c90 sparkplug
,
suzuki c 50 how to check spark plug
,

suzuki c90 spark plugs

,
why does my 05 suzuki c90 keep fowling plugs
Click on a term to search for related topics.