how long a suzuki boulevard last if well maintain..80.000k,100.000 k..more..????
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 suzuki boulevard c90t

how long a suzuki boulevard last if well maintain..80.000k,100.000 k..more..????

Out of curiosity I've been looking for an answer to this question but I can't find a close unanimous number more less,of curse it will depend of many factors but lets say you are the only owner since day one and you take real care of the bike doing all the tune ups on time,oil change and all the other service according to the OM.
    Any Idea out there on how many miles can last the engine of a Boulevard ???(mine is a 2013 Suzuki boulevard c90t)

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by kayserchile74 View Post
    Out of curiosity I've been looking for an answer to this question but I can't find a close unanimous number more less,of curse it will depend of many factors but lets say you are the only owner since day one and you take real care of the bike doing all the tune ups on time,oil change and all the other service according to the OM.
    Any Idea out there on how many miles can last the engine of a Boulevard ???(mine is a 2013 Suzuki boulevard c90t)
    Which Boulevard are you asking about, yours or Boulevards in general, Suzuki has a number of bikes they call Boulevard. I know of 6 different, 3 800's a 650 a 90cu in and a 109, they are all somewhat different.
    Last edited by old codger; 08-14-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

My Bike(s)
    2010 Triumph Thunderbird SE
    Like anything else,if the machine is allowed to warm up before driving off,does NOT have the sh** beat out of it,it's driven like it's supposed to be driven,and is taken care of [ the maintenance is done properly],there's no reason why it won't go "ATLEAST",100,000 miles.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    With proper care, your c90 should easily get 200k miles and probably 300-350k. Most likely you'll get bored of your bike and sell it for something newer, or wreck it than have it fail under normal use. I have an m50 with 30k miles and I expect to get at least 100k miles but I'll probably sell it before I get that far.

My Bike(s)
    none right now, but soon...
    From what I know in doing research on the C50 (which uses the same engine as the M50), there are a couple of issues. We went to Kona, Hawaii to pick up some visitors and brought them to our place near Hilo. While in Kona, I went to the Harley dealer, where they have a 2007 C50 that was a trade in. I did a test ride of that bike.

Every motorcycle has issues. The C50, it seems, may suffer from a lack of grease on the various splines in the driveline. Owners should have these areas inspected when they replace, or have someone else replace, the rear tire. If it's all right, apply grease and put it together.

The other item is the cam chains, tensioners, and guides. Some C50/M50 owners seem to be having no problems even up to 50,000-70,000 miles. But, some suffer from the camchains stretching, tensioners running out of travel, as early as 30,000 miles. I am aware of a good number of Japanese motorcycles that have problems in this area.On some, like the fine old Savage/S40, the job of replacing the cam chain and/or tensioner, is a very easy job. On the C50 it's a beeyatch. Remove the motor, split the cases, and replace those parts and assemble. I've heard figures as high as $2000.00 to have this job done at a shop. The S40 suffers from a badly designed tensioner which can run out of travel much too soon. There is a fix, and it's a pretty easy job an owner can do once he gets the modification on the tensioner.

Interestingly, when I went to test ride the 2007 C50, I mentioned the cam chain situation to the salesman, and he said, yes, the C50 is a 30,000 mile bike due to that. I think saying that is unfair to the C50, as many bikes go well beyond 30,000. But, it's something he had heard about.

I've watched youtube videos and listened to the sound of this problem. The bike I test rode had not an inkling of this noise at 12,500 miles. The bike I rode seemed to run great.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    The engines on the C50 and M50 are not the same engine.

The basic M50 engine was slightly modified, being painted black instead of the chrome found on the C50 engine. Internally, the engine received split crank bearings instead of the C50's one-piece bearings, as well as slightly modified valvetrain components, which necessitated modifications to the cylinder heads. Power output is identical to the C50 power plant, and both displace 805 cc.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by kayserchile74 View Post
    It is impossible to answer. Too many factors come into play......including luck.

Maybe if you re-phrase: Are there any know problems with the engine design of my 2013 Suzuki boulevard c90t that might limit it's life ?

Beyond that, it's pretty pointless for everybody to supply some kind of a random guess.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    asking about mine 2013 suzuki boulevard c90t

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by old codger View Post
    Which Boulevard are you asking about, yours or Boulevards in general, Suzuki has a number of bikes they call Boulevard. I know of 6 different, 3 800's a 650 a 90cu in and a 109, they are all somewhat different.
    asking about mine 2013 suzuki boulevard c90t

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50-Black
    The answer is yes, your bike CAN last 100,000 miles... and yes, it takes proper maintenance and some luck, but it can. My 01 Honda ACE Tourer has 77,000 miles on it and I would hop on it this second for anywhere in the lower 48 with no hesitation. I truly expect to get 150,000 miles out of that bike, but I do all of my own maintenance and I keep up with it.

No reason a new C90 shouldn't also...
    Paul
    2006 M50 Black... Roadburner 2.5 in Street Pro exhaust in black ceramic, Saddleman Explorer seat, first gen Shapemaster chin spoiler, blacked out dash and air intake, John's forward control kit, Memphis Shades Hellcat windshield, Kuryakyn Dually Iso pegs
    2001 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer 1100... Memphis Shades fairing, trunk, factory hard bags, Mustang Wide Touring seat and pillion, Protec driver's backrest, modified exhaust, J&M CB

Sponsored Links