2015 S40 v.s. c50 v.s. m50 - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    It's not my color either but it is a good looking bike. They cleaned it up nice and the tires look like they're good for the road. Now, here's the thing: if they're like most Harley dealers, they don't want non Harleys around long. Have your neighbor go with you and take it for a spin. Buy him lunch for the effort. This may be your bike. It already has usable bags, not great but they have purpose, especially if you have a passenger. I believe the Switchblade windshield may be quick release, but I can't tell from the pics. The mileage is good for it's year, which means it's been a rider. If your neighbor likes it, see if you can't get a grand off. Tell them it's not the color you wanted, but it looks well cared for. You may have a winner here.
    Last edited by QZephyr; 08-20-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki S40 - 2006 Piaggio BV250 (R.I.P.)
    Dammit Zephyr, getting my hopes all up

I won't be able to go out again till Sunday, so hopefully he'll be able to go with me then.

My girlfriend did say she likes the color, so its not all bad.

The thing that does worry me a bit is that (from KBB at least) its under the market price. Is this explained by it being at a Harley dealership and them just wanting to get rid of it? I assume people go to the Harley Dealership looking for a Harley and not a used Suzuki, so it could have also been there a while. But again, all assumptions.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    It's nice and shiny.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    Yes, our local Harley dealer doesn't have anything but Harleys in their possession. They immediately send them off to another dealer, so they don't have to explain themselves. They don't want their salesmen promoting a used anything else over a Harley. BTW, is the dealer open on Sundays? Around here, no one is. You may want to call them tomorrow and ask them to hold it for you for till you can get there. Maybe give them a credit card number to show your interest. They can't keep held money on a card if you don't purchase. CC companies won't let them.

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    Good news and bad news. I just checked their site and they're open on Sunday. The bad news is that they're having an open house on Saturday. That bike might roll out the door then.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    They're open 10 am to 6 pm.

I'll give them a call first thing tomorrow morning to see if they'll hold it.

I definitely haven't said it enough, but I really do appreciate the help from everyone. I definitely would of made some stupid mistakes without you guys.

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    They have a couple other choices in stock, but the C50 looks like the best bet. The Shadow is low miles but older for the difference in dollars. The Kawasaki's are priced higher and they may not come down enough to match the 50's price.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    I might just go in tomorrow morning and talk them into keeping it for somebody to test drive it for me.

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    If you have the permit, maybe you can convince them to let you ride it. Since you have a down payment available, they would hold it until you get the rest or let them get the financing for you. You can always refinance later. Are you confident enough to ride it? If so, convince them that you are.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    I can't get my permit till the Monday after next :/

So I'm in a bit of a tough spot for that one. haha

Is it unheard of for me doing a "ride along" with the dealership driving? I know its not the same, but.

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    You want to be the passenger? I think they would. I would be surprised if they didn't have a qualified rider.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Again going to plead ignorance here, what exactly would I be listening and feeling for?

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    Smooth shifting, decent ride, it won't be the best as 800's are good but not great. Hopefully no one drilled the exhaust as it appears they are stock. Shouldn't be any vibration for an in town ride. Two up riding should display good braking. Possibly they'll offer a 30 day warranty. They definitely wouldn't want to sell a questionable bike if they warranty it.]

You know what? You could feed them a line about how you want to buy a reasonably priced bike to hone your skills on before you buy a Harley.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    You know what? You could feed them a line about how you want to buy a reasonably priced bike to hone your skills on before you buy a Harley.
    Brilliant. And again, I thank you as many times as I possibly can. I truly do appreciate it.

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    You bet. Good luck

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links