2015 S40 v.s. c50 v.s. m50 - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki S40 - 2006 Piaggio BV250 (R.I.P.)
    It'll take me a month and a half to save up enough to buy a decent starter bike, but in the grand scheme of things that's not very long to wait. Plus it will give me time to be absolutely certain that I want to get a motorcycle

I originally wanted to get a scooter, but I figured if I was gonna spend $1500 I could find a used old bike for the same price. But if I'm gonna spend that much anyway why not just save a little more for something nicer (and maybe bigger).

Ill try to take a break from my ADD tendencies and be patient for once

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    More money is the trick. A $1500 motorcycle will never be a dream machine. A friend of mine just bought a '99 Vulcan 1500 for around $3000, and it looks and runs like new. He rode it numerous miles all season with no issues. they're out there. You just have to keep looking. When I bought my M50 used, it was worth $1500 more than I paid and the mechanic that swapped my tires said it was like new and I practically stole it. To this day, it's just as nice. There's many owners out there like me who keep their rides like new. You only need to find one who will part with it.
    Last edited by QZephyr; 08-26-2015 at 07:08 PM.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

My Bike(s)
    2014 Suzuki Boulevard (C50T
    I just bought a new 2014 C50T in June 2015. It is sharp looking and I have received many positive comments. My previous bike was a 1985 Honda Shadow VT500C. I bought the Honda new and rode it off and on ever since. If I were you I would not buy anything under 750cc, just because they are small and even though they go fast, you can tell that it is a strain, (except for Sport Bikes which are a totally different story). The C50T is 805cc and weighs 635 lbs with out the rider, but it cruises very nice at 65 to 80+. It takes a little getting used to after driving the Honda that weighs 400 lbs. Some advice for a new rider is to learn how to handle your bike and slow speeds (less than 15 MPH), because that is the speed when most fall over incidents happen (bike on its side). If you can find a Suzuki dealer that has some 2014 stock left you can pick up a 2014 C50T for less than $8000. Just remember what ever you by, there are taxes, extended warranties, tire replacement programs, insurance, helmet etc. I got a 5 year full coverage maintenance plan and a replacement tire plan with tags and taxes for $11,000 interest free for 5 years. BTW the C50T comes with all the bell and whistles if you like cruisers . Happy Shopping!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Just wanted to give you guys an update. I passed the motorcycle class (not that that's really an accomplishment). I didn't realize they send you the certificate for it in the mail though, so still no permit.I however was told that I would be kicked out of the house if I bought a motorcycle, so I'm currently on the hunt for a 150cc scooter to drive to work and school and such. Found a couple I am interested in. A 2004 Genuine Stella. It seems to have been dropped at least once, the front cowing has some dents and the front and back fenders are currently only black primered. with 2500 miles. The owner wants $900 for it. Its registration is up to date and the owner has the title. The only problem I foresee with this one is that I is 2-stroke. So I'm not sure if I would be able to get it transferred over to me an the registration renewed when the time comes. And it certainly won't pass smog when they pass that law in a year or two.The other is a 2005 Aprilia Scarabeo. The owner wants $1750 for it. And has at least one biker cross on each side of the scooter. The owner also isn't back in town till the 13th. So I can't check it out to make sure its in top shape till then.But just wanted to give you guys an update. Thank you for the help that you have been!

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    So I purchased a 2006 Piaggio BV250.
    I'm really enjoying it so far. Thank you all again or all of your help

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    Cool.Enjoy!!
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Suzuki M50 Boulevard
    I am 5'9" and 190 lbs. I just got back into motorcycles after being away for more than 20 years. I got myself a used M50 with 9K plus miles. I have owned it for not too long and already think that the bike is a little too small or under-powered for riding anywhere other than secondary roads. If you are 6'2" and 250, I would recommend a bike bigger than the S40 for sure. However if you have no experience riding a motorcycle, in the beginning bikes may prove intimidating and you will first need to get your road legs. For that get a USED small bike. Go through Craigslist in Southern Cali. & you will find tonnes of bikes for around a $1000. Get one that is half decent and learn riding on it before you finance a bike. Remember, although S40 is a great little bike, if you finance one and then outgrow it in the next few months the bike will lose a LOT of value.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    Strange,I can ride all day on the interstate faster than the speed limit on my M50 with no problem. I try not too though because riding 80MPH in a straight line for long periods are just not much fun to me.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNaughtyLemur View Post
    So I purchased a 2006 Piaggio BV250.
    I'm really enjoying it so far. Thank you all again or all of your help

Let's see some more pics. What are the details, and what did you give?

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    I paid $2200. The owner was asking $2500 for it but I talked him down a bit.

KBB values it at $2190 retail so I think I over paid by a bit, but I'm not at all disappointed so far.

It had 3180 miles on it when I bought it.

Its a 2006 but was bought new in 2011. The original owner owned a company based in Italy and Southern California. He brought an intern stateside who was accustomed to riding scooters so this Piaggio was purchased to get him to work and such. Once the intern went back the next owner (personal friend of the first owner) bought it with 1400 miles on it.

it appears that it graves a wall on the left side, but nothing horrible. The ball at the end of the rear brakes handle is chewed up, and the underside of the passenger foot rest is also a little scraped but that's about it. From what I can tell it runs really well.

The he only thing I've noticed is maybe some clutch shudder? But not knowing exactly what that sounds like I'm only guessing.

Theres only one Vespa dealership in San Diego County, so I'm going to make the trek there in the next couple of days just for a once over.

Overall I'm really pleased. It hits 80 mph and a little over, so it's not like I'm riding a ruckus. Haha

I'll add more pics here in the next couple days, if I'm not working or at school/studying I've been riding. So I haven't really been able to take pictures

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    Piaggio is a good company. This should last you awhile.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links