Need Help With C90T Pipe Problem
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss

Need Help With C90T Pipe Problem

Here is a picture of my 2013 C90T Boulevard.

From my picture, you can see that the pipes are peeling. I have also included a short video from another guy - look at time 4:17 and you will see his are peeling too. Plus, two others from Canada have mentioned they have the same problem.

If you are having this kind of problem, please respond here (or write me at [email protected]). i will attempt to follow Suzuki to get our bikes properly repaired.

Thanks

Don

Last edited by cycle7447; 08-20-2015 at 07:54 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Good luck with that.
    The company flat refuses to budge if you are past your "bumper to bumper" warranty period.
    Many, MANY have tried and all have failed.

You need to start thinking about what YOU will do next.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    I hate to say it, but the BOSS pipe is doing this to a lot of bikes and it's going to hurt the line. Suzuki isn't a very consumer friendly company when it comes to issues. You may have to have them refinished at you cost or finish delaminating them and be chrome.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    Easy Rider and QZephye - both of you may well be correct - and this is exactly why I posted this thing here. I spent a lot for money on this bike and just can't let Suzuki get away with this.

So, the more I learn/know about how many folks are having this problem, the more evidence I have to try and fight this thing. And while I might loose, others will learn about the problem and stay away from this bike.

Did either of you have the problem? If so, did you make the repair? Please send or post a picture of your pipes. My address is [email protected]

Frankly, I would be happy if Suzuki put chrome pipes on it. I am totally afraid of their Boss pipes.
    Last edited by cycle7447; 08-20-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Your best bet to get anything out of suzuki is a class action suit. They just don't have near as good a rep as the others companies like Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha and I'm sure they aren't worried about the damage 1 lone consumer can do.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    In order for me to start some sort of a class action suit, I will need more backup. That's why I am here. While I really hope others are not having this problem, if they do, I would like to hear from them.

Perhaps Suzuki is not worried about 1 loan customer - but this will mean 1 sale for them and my dealer. Profits are made - one customer at a time. Anyone reading this or looking for information about their Boss unit may think twice about such a purchase.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    I agree with you and I wish you the best of luck. I don't own a c90 BOSS though so can't help you. I wonder if the m50 and c50 BOSS variants have the same issue? Presumably they would have used the same process for the blacked out pipes, right? It might not be an issue specific to your model so maybe open up your search pool.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    That is a great idea.

Sad because it is a pretty nice bike - and you really don't see a lot of these on the road. Plus, if you look at their site, I think they only made tis bike for the 2013 model year.

Add to this - my dealer called them and told them this is awful and something is wrong. I have this documented on my work order when I took the bike in for a tire change. The Suzuki guys just told him - nope, not going to do it. Really a shame that they listen to neither the dealer of the customer.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    I don't have a BOSS but I'm a member on the M109R forum and BOSS owners are starting to complain of the issue. When I 1st heard about the BOSSes, I thought I might trade up because one reason I bought my M50 was because it had a blacked out engine. That finish is glossy and has held up. I didn't like the look of the BOSS finish and expected it to mar, so I opted to not upgrade. Once I started hearing about the delamination, I was glad I didn't trade my '13 in. You can come over and join our group because we have a spot for 90's also. Maybe you can rally some members, but don't get your hopes up too much. Suzuki easily turns their heads away.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    Suzuki easily turns their heads away.
    And they have really deep pockets.
    I'm guessing you would need several thousand owners to even start something.
    And then you would also need a class action lawyer willing to take the case.
    I feel sorry for those in this situation but I think you will be just causing yourself more frustration by trying to take legal action.

Your time probably would be better spent consulting body shops or custom rod and bike shops for a practical solution.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    You guys are probably right - but, if I don't try, then Suzuki wins.

Do you have a iink to the M109 site that shows there is a problem there.

Also, when the bike shows come to our town and Suzuki is on display, I will plan to attend and bring pitcures of my bike for distribution to folks that are there. I will be very mild about it - but will make sure others don't get into the same situation that I am in.

Sponsored Links