Crash/Hwy bar: single or dual
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Crash/Hwy bar: single or dual

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and have a question about crash bars.

I just purchased a 07 C50 and looking to buy crash bars for it. I have been looking on Ebay and found some in my price range but I see there are some that are one piece mounts that wrap around the bottom of the bike then I see others that are actually two individual pieces. Both look like they mount on the same areas.

Is there really any difference or benefits from going with one versus another?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    The one piece might be a tad stronger BUT......
    Beware of ones that stick out too far to the side at the bottom.
    It's fairly easy to snag them on a curb if you take a turn too short and actually cause a problem instead of helping solve one.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

I found these on Ebay for $120 including shipping.

Whats your opinion on these?
    Last edited by clawwd; 09-02-2015 at 08:24 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Sorry..trying to post the image

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by clawwd View Post
    Sorry..trying to post the image
    New users are not allowed to post links.......directly.

Try a copy and paste of the Ebay address.....as plain text......or edit it slightly, like www(dot)ebay.com.whatever

It is gonna be impossible to tell the quality from a picture. You don't want to go TOO cheap or it will be a waste of money.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    Show Chrome or Lindby would be good choices. I would recommend the Lindby Multibar, It offers 2 functions and eliminates the need to look for riding pegs. It's highly rated.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Try this

www(dot)ebay.com/itm/Highway-Crash-Bar-Engine-Guard-Chrome-Suzuki-Boulevard-M50-C50-VL800-01-09-/161812939527?fits=Model%3ABoulevard%7CSubmodel%3AC 50&hash=item25accd8307&vxp=mtr

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    My opinion: the welds look thin and the chrome is cheap. These prices usually indicate Chinese made. Lindby is an American product. I'm currently waiting for a call back from a parts dealer to see where Show Chrome is produced. If you compare the finishes, you'll notice the less expensive ones look cheap. As Easy stated, if you go cheap, you'll get a cheap product.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2006 M50-Black
    I would get on Ebay or Craiglist for someone selling a good set used vs buying cheap Chinese made stuff new. Of course new American made is best of all because you really know what you are getting. All else being equal, I'd want the one piece... ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL being the most important thing.
    Paul
    2006 M50 Black... Roadburner 2.5 in Street Pro exhaust in black ceramic, Saddleman Explorer seat, first gen Shapemaster chin spoiler, blacked out dash and air intake, John's forward control kit, Memphis Shades Hellcat windshield, Kuryakyn Dually Iso pegs
    2001 Honda Shadow ACE Tourer 1100... Memphis Shades fairing, trunk, factory hard bags, Mustang Wide Touring seat and pillion, Protec driver's backrest, modified exhaust, J&M CB

Sponsored Links