why suzuki cruisers are not pupular in USA but in the rest of the world - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    The major problem is that in the case of the new M109R model, they're not offering anything except the BOSS. The blacked out pipes are peeling on a lot of bikes. There are several owners on the 109 forum that are having this problem and Suzuki is doing nothing to fix it. They're going to kill their reputation and permanently lose customers.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    Inspiron - I am so happy you were able to get your brakes repaired. I didn't have any issues with my C50 Boulevard - so I didn't have a need to contact Suzuki in the past. So, when I was ready for th larger bike - and based on my experience with the C50), I felt comfortable going with the Suzuki model.

Frankly, I am really surprised that any manufacturer would do this - and risk a satisfied customer. Had they resolved the matter - and maybe even just replaced the pipes with chrome ones, I would have been happy. I would have even hoped they shipped my dealer the pipes and I paid for the installation. Instead, they did nothing.

Motorcycle shows are coming up this winter - and I usually attend two. I'll bring a picture of my bike to the show. I can hopefully warn some would be buyers.
    Last edited by cycle7447; 10-05-2015 at 06:06 AM.

My Bike(s)
    2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S.
    QZephyr - You have a valid point. Reminds me of a couple of automakers. Their loss.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2009 C109RT
    C109RT for me. I love this beast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheFNG; 10-04-2015 at 07:02 PM.

My Bike(s)
    2013 Suzuki C90T B.O.S.S. /1992 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
    Purchased my 2013 Suzuki c90t BOSS it is my newest i also own a 1992 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 and 2007 Harley sportster . I like them all but I have really enjoyed the BOSS it si a blast to ride and very comfortable to take trips . I have really fell in love with tis bike.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    Update to my comments.

After several letters to Suzuki, they have agreed that there was a paint issue. The pipes have now been replaces and the bike looks great.

While there, I added the driving lights and also replaced the rear tire. Bike is now ready for the upcoming 16 riding season.
    Last edited by cycle7447; 02-12-2016 at 03:33 AM.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle7447 View Post
    Bike is not ready for the upcoming 14 riding season.
    What ??

Maybe you mean that it is NOW ready for the '16 season ??
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Supporting Member
    My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    What ??

Maybe you mean that it is NOW ready for the '16 season ??
    Maybe his bike is a time machine.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

My Bike(s)
    2006 C50
    I too have a C90t boss 2013. Changed the pipes to the Hard Chromes, the intake to Gman's intake and put on the Gman man Bully. Runs great and sounds great! Not cheap, but great mods.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    '06 Harley Street Bob
    It's interesting to read the different perspectives we all have about motorcycling and bike brands. I started riding back in the 60s on a Honda 305 hawk. A small underpowered bike that was more fun then I deserved. Over the years I've ridden or owned all the Japanese brands a couple of Harleys, a triumph Bonneville a BMW R60 and my favorite a 1971 Norton Commander. My impression of Honda is safe, dependable and boring. Kawasaki is always pushing the envelope with new ideas. My Kawasaki 1500 was fairly dependableand comfortable on long trips with a Mustang seat; a good bike. The XS650 Yamaha I owned was fun but not suited for long trips and the Suzuki was my sons 600 sport bike, never my cup of tea. The BMW was my fathers bike and I couldn't stand it for the irrational reason it was too perfect. Ah but the Norton, now there was a motorcycle. Good handling in its day and a strong motor that sounded so cool. Now I'm on a Harley Dyna and just as happy as can be. This bike fits me better than any bike I've ever owned or ridden. It handles better than expected on the mountain roads where I live. It is comfortable over the long haul and has good range. I am happy and very much looking forward to spring. In this country the cruiser is king because of movies like The Wild One, Easy Rider and others along with the tough guy image.

My Bike(s)
    2012 suzuki boulevard c50t
    Hi I am new and just brought 2012 suzuki boulevard c50t. love it so far. My previous bike was 2002 yamaha vstar650 and it was totaled.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    As a followup to anrfknm's comment, it reminded me of something a dealer said to me a few years ago.

I took my GSX 1400 down to the local Triumph dealer because I wanted to test ride the Triumph Tiger 1050. Going from my 4-cylinder 1400 to the 3-cylinder 1050 was a huge change. The Triumph 1050 motor is tuned very differently - where my 1400 is designed for torque, the 1050 is designed for power. It responds much faster and has a very different dynamic.

The different geometry of the bikes is also very apparent - my 1400 is a naked touring bike, while the Tiger is more of a multi-purpose bike, much like a BMW GS or a Honda Africa Twin.

When I got back from the test ride, the Triumph dealer mentioned to me - 'Your Suzuki there is an excellent piece of engineering - it's smooth, balanced and functional. The Triumph 3-cylinder isn't like that - it has a heart and a soul." In some respects, he was correct. Riding the Tiger was very different than my GSX 1400. But at the end of the day, I kept my 1400. She's an old lady now (13 years old this year), but she's MY old lady.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Pizza is not safe around me. - Me

My Bike(s)
    2011 Suzuki C50T
    I have chrome peeling on the backrest supports. I owned a 2006 C50T with that problem...sold it and bought a 2011 C50T .....same problem...only on the backrest supports...anyone else have this problem and has it been corrected?

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki C-50

Suzuki T series vs. M109R

Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    If you like the 90, you'll love the M109R. I've never regretted buying mine and have no intention of ever selling it, especially when I get another bike.
    Zeph, I think you may miss the point as to the preference of the "T" (touring) series by riders that like the included windscreen and backrest and saddlebags that are a package with the T models. Of course, the M109R is an awesome machine with afterburner, kick in the butt power, but other considerations fit other rider's needs. I outfitted my brand new 2007 BLVD C-50 ($7K out the door) with bags, all-day-ride passenger seat, Mustang (just LOVE it) comfy back rest, windscreen, etc. My awesome bike has never failed me on my trips out of L.A. to Kansas, Portland, OR., several times to Colorado... recent as last month, twice to AZ, lost count to 'Vegas AND coupla times a week to CostCo (hauling full saddle bags, back rack and soft trunk with goods ranging from paper towels, bath tissue, kitty litter (35lbs.) etc. that would fill the grocery cart AND parking wherever I want. I even haul wifey's case of Trader Joes 2 buck chuck wine once a month (sob! sometimes twice). My point is that for some it's pragmatism, economy, looks (I still get compliments EVERY time (Nice looking "Harley"--groan!).... er, um, every day that I roll my baby (with 50K mi. on speedo) out into shopping parking lots or gas stations. Still looks almost showroom condition, despite my being a slob. No major repairs, thankfully. Of course, being 80 y.o. and on a limited budget.... gas is NEVER a problem (I sometimes forget to check the fuel gauge), even while touring and with L.A.'s highest in the nation's prices. Oh, when traveling, there's no less than at least 150-200 lbs., I'm packing, with power to spare even up and through the Rockies. Have gone flat out @90mph for hours across I-70 with a bit more to spare. I can imagine how nice it'd be packing 1200cc or even 1600 cc, BUT my 805cc C-50 has served me well and shows no sign of slowing down. My first bike @ 13 y.o. was the 125 cc. "baby" Harley. Have ridden the early BSAs, Nortons, Triumphs, Harleys (sidecar, 3-wheeler) sportster, flathead 45s, Ariel 4, Fanny B, Yamahas, etc. Ride on..... ride safe, love what you ride, everyone. It's the adventure and journey, not the trip as in a cage. Regards, suzukid

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukid View Post
    Zeph, I think you may miss the point as to the preference of the "T" (touring) series by riders that like the included windscreen and backrest and saddlebags that are a package with the T models.
    Yep.
    And I don't understand why every other rider in the world doesn't love exactly the same bikes that I do.

Actually I DO understand that......and I think the absolute perfect bike is: the one that I am riding at the moment.

P.S. Your posts would be a bit easier to read if you would stick a bit of white space in every few lines.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links