why suzuki cruisers are not pupular in USA but in the rest of the world
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 suzuki boulevard c90t

Question why suzuki cruisers are not pupular in USA but in the rest of the world

I love suzuki cause the Japanese engine reputation,but I don't understand why they're not popular in the USA,but in the rest of the world the suzuki bikes have huge god reputation ,can anybody explain me this.
    I personally own the 2013 Suzuki Boulevard c90T

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Cruisers are not very popular in Europe.

Cruisers are designed for long, open roads like you find in the USA - where you can ride for 8 hours without seeing a single curve.

European roads are different. You'll see many people riding race replicas (Suzuki GSX-R's, Honda CBR's, Kawa Ninjas, etc.), but also lots of standards and tourers (BMW, Ducati, MotoGuzzi, Honda CBF, Yamaha XJF, ...) as well as enduros (KTM, Africa Twin, BMW GS, ...). Yes, there are plenty of Harleys on the road, but most of them are VRods / NightRods or 883s - more modern than the traditional "heels-to-the-wind" cruisers you'll see on US roads.

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Pizza is not safe around me. - Me

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    As stated ...too many twisties...here in Au too...many a cruiser comes to grief early spring/summer when they are taken out of hibernation.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by kayserchile74 View Post
    can anybody explain me this.
    My personal experience:
    In the US, there doesn't seem to be as many dealers for Zuki....and not as many bikes on the floor either.
    This may have something to do with corporate policy toward their dealers; I don't know about that.

Then my only Suzuki's have been a GZ250, which was a fine little bike but the twin exhaust port design "fooled" me into thinking it was a twin.
    Next was an S50. It ran OK but was a bit top heavy AND had several design quirks which quickly got old: A choke mechanism that didn't work good, shifter linkage that isn't adjustable and VERY awkward bolts to take the seat off.....which required removing the side covers too. Pain in the butt.

In my limited experience with the Zuki's, I liked Honda and Kaw much more.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    Kayserchile74 - I like you really like my 2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T. This is our second Boulevard - the first was a C50T and we stepped up the the C90T for longer trips.

How long have you had your bike - and how many miles are on it.

Please write me at [email protected] - I want to share some things with you that might be helpful - especially if your bike is still under warranty.

Thanks

Don

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle7447 View Post
    Please write me at [email protected] - I want to share some things with you that might be helpful - especially if your bike is still under warranty.
    That's fine, Don, but why not share those things in a public thread so that ALL here can benefit from your experience ?

That is what public forums are all about.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S.
    Hello Everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and I enjoy reading all of the posts. I am really interesting in Kayserchile74's question because I recently purchased a 2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T. I have owned several bikes in the past but this one is the best by far. Great mileage and a comfortable ride. Like Kayserchile74, I am interested in all of your responses.

Ride safe.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Well I have had four Honda's, four Suzuki's a Triumph a BSA and a Harley over many years....I think that's it. The Honda's were always good quality but sometimes a little dull. The triumph was clapped out when I got it but fun to ride.I spent two years restoring the BSA and was disappointed in the performance.The Harley was so so.... all the Suzuki,s have been fun and exciting....they are not as high quality as Honda but are very close and, although I have never owned a Kawasaki or Yamaha, out of the main Jap competition I rate the Suzuki's highest.

I would have a Moto Guzzi were it not for the ridiculous cost and somewhat dubious maintenance needs...BMW do nothing for me and despite the so so experience I would have another Harley but only as a second machine. There are others but to list them would just be an example of what I like and not, possibly be the best option.

Buy and ride the one that leaves the biggest grin would be my advice...test ride as many as possible too.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 suzuki boulevard c90t
    Quote Originally Posted by breather View Post
    Hello Everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and I enjoy reading all of the posts. I am really interesting in Kayserchile74's question because I recently purchased a 2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T. I have owned several bikes in the past but this one is the best by far. Great mileage and a comfortable ride. Like Kayserchile74, I am interested in all of your responses.

Ride safe.
    hey man I got the same bike as yours same year and model and I bought it new,I really love suzuki an this model in particular is a monster...excellent bike,I own Suzuki bikes before and never have any problems,as far as all my research I came to the conclusion that Suzuki for some reason just didn't do well in the USA and started cause the suzuki cars ,but as far as motorcycles in Chile (my originally country) and the rest of south America Suzuki bikes are consider one of the best bikes specially for the Japanese engine.and I know that in Europe have very good reputation too,so screw it

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2013 M109R, 2016 C90T, 2007 M50
    If you like the 90, you'll love the M109R. I've never regretted buying mine and have no intention of ever selling it, especially when I get another bike.
    As long as it's not them that has to pay, no one really minds the debt.

My Bike(s)
    2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S.
    kayserchile74, your last three words summed it up for me. I had to laugh at that part. Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by breather; 09-12-2015 at 01:13 AM. Reason: update

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki Boulevard C90 Black
    I see plenty of Suzuki Boulevards all over the place.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    This is definitely my last Suzuki
    Last edited by cycle7447; 09-12-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2013 Boulevard C90T Boss
    I am happy to place my messages here - just wanted to be fair to all concerned.

As I mentioned this is my second Suzuki, loved the first, and that is the main reason I stepped up to the C90T Boss.

What I didn't know is that the C90T Boss - blacked out pipes have a problem in that after a short time, the pipes peel. There are plenty of folks that have the problem and apparently Suzuki is aware of this. I live in Michigan and got the bike for my son as a Christmas gift - so, it was in the garage for the first few months. Then, we rode the bike for 7 - 8 months and stored it at the dealership until the mid May or so. By June, we noticed the peeling.

The dealer inspected the bike and said it is definitely a factory paint process problem Suzuki said - go fly a kite - the bike is over a year old and they will not fix. So, my second Suzuki is my last one.

When I go to the large bike shows, I will carry a picture of my bike and caution folks when they are looking for the blackout or Boss models.

Still crazy after all these years

My Bike(s)
    Blue Suzuki GSX 1400 (2003)
    Schliengen, Germany (47.754543, 7.631989)
    Wow, it seems that the customer service attitude of Suzuki has changed a lot in the past 10 years.

My bike was 3 years old when I noticed that the front brake discs had warped. The dealer told me that this is a known issue with the bike, and the discs were both replaced under warranty - which I was very happy about, since the initial estimate was about 900 CHF (around 750 USD at the time).

There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Pizza is not safe around me. - Me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links