Motorcycle Forum banner

2014 Boulevard C50 B.O.S.S. - I'm New - Looking for Accessories

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  joe_cader 
#1 ·
Hey guys, please consider this my introduction thread. I just bought a 2014 Boulevard C50 B.O.S.S. last week and I'm having a helluva time finding good accessories for it.

The main thing I'm looking for at this point is a passenger backrest (sissy bar). The bike came with the passenger seat installed, just not the backrest. I need something that's powder-coated black to match the rest of the bike, but I'm not interested in paying $600 to Suzuki for the backrest and the mounting bracket. It seems to me that a custom shop would be able to fabricate something like this for way cheaper than $600. Or... maybe I'm naive. I'm hoping someone has a lead for a better option.

It also seems like everything Suzuki (and others) makes for this bike is designed to make it look more like a touring bike. I bought it because it's a sleek, all-black bike. I hate chrome. I don't like the look of touring bikes in general. I'd be interested in any leads you have for a sleek, low-profile, windshield. I'd also love some storage options that, again, don't make it look like a touring bike. I'm not sure those exist at this point; hopefully someone here has similar tastes with better google skills. :)

#2 ·
. maybe I'm naive.
Alas, I think that pretty much sums it up.

If you really want accessories that look like they belong on the bike, you probably are gonna have to pony up the cash.

I like the Memphis Shades fairing shield that I have but it definitely looks like a bagger with that on it......along with the hard bags on the back.

#3 ·
Memphis Shades Hellcat... it mounts to the bars, which some people don't like, but mine is as steady as any fork mounted shield I've ever had, and it's small and sleek while still knocking most of the wind off.

Google Metric Thunder for accessories...

#4 ·
Burlimonster - Easy Rider is right - tere ar very few parts out there for these bikes. I will however say that we had a C50 and it is a great running bike.

We now have a 2013 C90T Boss - and I want to share something with you. WATCH THE PIPES. Everyone that I know that has the BOSS model has peeling pipes. Mine ha[pen after the bike was about 15 months old. During that time, I had only ridden the bike for 7 or so months (winter storage). I wrote to Suzuki and the dlear also told them that the problem appeared to be a factory problem. Still, Suzuki has refused to do anything.

I wrote to their President and have not received a response - guess he decided to not assign my letter to anyone.

Bottom line - as your warranty nears, please look at the pipes and contact them BEFORE the expiration. I hope this does not happen to you
Don (cycle7447@aol.com)

#7 ·
Dirtball - thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at the memphis shades stuff, but I couldn't find any good information about fit. Their website is ancient and the information is out-dated. Is it possible that you know what part(s) I'd need to put that windshield on my bike?

#9 · (Edited)
Hellcats are universal, so it doesn't matter, which makes them nice, as you can move them from bike to bike as long as there are 1 inch bars, which yours has.

I found mine used on Ebay for $19.95, but it will be a couple of hundred new. Look on Ebay and Amazon.

MS Hellcat on my M50...

#10 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity...when dealing with Suzuki or any other brand...do you guys stop at the American management or take it to the head office in Japan. I had a problem with a Samsung product and just got the run around by the Australian general management so I sent a copy of a letter that I told them would be sent to the CEO in Korea if they didnt do the right thing and also stating the dismal and dismissive attitude and customer service the Australian branch had...my problem was attended to satisfactorily within a week.

#12 ·
I just completed a letter to Suzuki in Japan. It included all of my backup information - as well as pictures on my bike and others that I was able to secure from the internet of guys having the same problem.

Copy of this letter was also sent to Suzuki in California as well of the California Attorney General's office. Letters were sent Priority mail - so, let's see if we get any results.

Like Aussie said, I would encourage others to write to Suzuki in Japan to express your concerns. I will keep you posted on my results.

#16 ·
I am saying I can't find crash bars. .seat...fender rack. Noone makes stuff for the newer bikes...I did get a light bar. ....and I won't pay 300.00 for engine guards. Just my experience. ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.