Newbie hello and all that good stuff ;) Need help please
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2015 Suzuki Boulevard C90T 2005 Yamaha Roadstar

Newbie hello and all that good stuff ;) Need help please

Hey all just saying hello ... I just purchased last week a 2015 C90T Boulevard to add to the garage... I bought A Suzuki Chrome Light bar Part 990A0-72008 which seems to be right for my Suzi Q ....but the fly in the ointment is a install pages they sent me are half blank ! Anyone can help me with this?? I am a gal... I do regular wrenching on my Yamaha Roadstar and know it fairly intimately....but this is a whole new learning curve... I did purchase the official Service Manual ....anyone needs a page scanned I will be happy to do so .... they are spendy manuals so I will be happy to share ....any way... I am very disappointed that I cant even find a seat or crash bar for my bike....just overpriced engine guards.... *sigh* Well thats it...Hello from an old blonde out west

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    to the forums from Arkansas. I found the wiring instructions if that helps.

"Wiring is pretty easy on the C90. You will find an extra unused 2 pin connector inside your headlight shell. This is for the OEM light bar to plug into. Just tie both your aux light power wires together and connect to the hot wire in that connector. The connector is fused and powered up when the key is turned on."
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    Last edited by AloRaptor; 02-25-2016 at 07:05 AM.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you contact the place you purchased the light bar to get a better copy of the instructions. They might even be available online.

Pretty much ALL accessories for bikes are overpriced......because there isn't much competition.

As for seats, there should be lots of options there.....Mustang etc. or a true custom like Russell.
    Hopefully someone here can help with that.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Pretty much ALL accessories for bikes are overpriced......because there isn't much competition.
    I agree, I think it's crazy what people will pay for an Ultimate. Another option would be to have your existing seat customized by a shop like Mean City Cycles.

My Bike(s)
    Thanks all for the info....there are no seats from anyone for the 2015...I found some custom seat makers that will use my existing seat pan. Light bar install begins saturdau...now if the rain would just stop I could go for a spin...

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA2 View Post
    Thanks all for the info....there are no seats from anyone for the 2015....
    OK well maybe some members here can help........to see if the seat (pan) for the '15 really is any different than other older models.
    Sometimes they are NOT but the seat makers just haven't verified that yet.

A Suzuki dealer might be able to answer that too......with a possible reference to a parts catalog or two.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    It is different .... I have contacted all the seat sellers and Suzuki ... The fuel tank on the older models is under the seat ( I used to have a 2007 C90T ) the new models have a regular fuel tank and much larger frame.... it makes my Yamaha Roadstar look small! And the roadstar is not a small bike...I just looked at Mean City Cycles ...Thanks for that link Turboyoshi! I think I will send my seat to them ....looks good and priced right
    Last edited by RSA2; 02-26-2016 at 07:43 AM.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by RSA2 View Post
    ..I just looked at Mean City Cycles ...Thanks for that link Turboyoshi! I think I will send my seat to them ....looks good and priced right
    If you decide to go with Mean City, let us know how you like their work. I haven't had any issues with the stock seat, but most of my rides are under 2 hrs.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2016 Indian Scout
    Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the crash bar, you could always look at having something custom-fabricated for you. I met a couple of gentlemen at a motorcycle show here in Atlanta a few weeks ago and inquired with them regarding custom fabrication of a few parts (I gave them detailed information) and was pleasantly surprised that the prices (for what I wanted, anyway) were about the same as buying a ready-made part that I didn't really want from an after-market parts supplier.

The guy in the next booth could then triple-chrome it for me

Anyway - it never hurts to ask and with custom fabrication you should be able to get exactly what you want. Good luck.

Sponsored Links