Bike feels stuck in neutral
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2007 Boulevard 50M

Bike feels stuck in neutral

Hello everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 Boulevard M50 (9,500 miles). I purchased it from a dealer about a month ago. Now we have not had a lot of great riding weather here in Michigan lately, but I'm finding that after a ride when I pull into the drive or garage I cannot maneuver when in neutral. It feels like the brake mechanism is stuck somehow. It seems that after about 5 minutes I am able to move the bike around. I'm going to head back into the dealer in a few weeks, but curious if anyone has ever experienced this condition before?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2007 Boulevard 50M
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoHavoc View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 Boulevard M50 (9,500 miles). I purchased it from a dealer about a month ago. Now we have not had a lot of great riding weather here in Michigan lately, but I'm finding that after a ride when I pull into the drive or garage I cannot maneuver when in neutral. It feels like the brake mechanism is stuck somehow. It seems that after about 5 minutes I am able to move the bike around. I'm going to head back into the dealer in a few weeks, but curious if anyone has ever experienced this condition before?
    UPDATE - so I just took my bike into the dealer, they definitely felt the drag and it was related to the rear brake drum. A little easy adjustment on the nut and the problem is fixed, plus it rides a ton better now too.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Great news hope your weather improves.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Sponsored Links