2007 Boulevard M50 Fuel Question.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50

Question 2007 Boulevard M50 Fuel Question.

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a low fuel warning light on my bike.

It has a fuel gauge which is divided into 'bars', and to-day the fuel was getting low and it was down to the last 'bar' which started blinking, and I kept looking for a warning light, which I always had on my other bikes that used fuel injection, but none came on, ... and then I ran out of fuel.

I don't have an Owners Manual and would appreciate if anyone could let me have a link as to where I could download one.

Many thanks.
    "Aut Vincere Aut Mori"

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    The blinking bar is your warning light pull over and get gas hard head. Do you always run it to the last oz?
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Hard head??? Obviously this is not a forum for getting help.
    "Aut Vincere Aut Mori"

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribe_05 View Post
    Hard head??? Obviously this is not a forum for getting help.
    He gave you help, when the last bar starts blinking, time to refuel. You have roughly about 30 miles left. Aloraptor is one of the least offensive people here, so really, you might want to consider being a bit less sensitive.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    My question was -"Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a low fuel warning light on my bike."

I am beginning to believe what is common knowledge about anyone from Arkansas where too many marry too close to their gene pool, ie 'If it has tires or testicles it's gonna give you trouble.'
    "Aut Vincere Aut Mori"

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda Valkyrie
    My question was -"Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be a low fuel warning light on my bike."

I am beginning to believe what is common knowledge about anyone from Arkansas where too many marry too close to their gene pool, ie 'If it has tires or testicles it's gonna give you trouble.'
    Your question was answered. That blinking bar on your speedo is your low fuel warning light. How many more warning lights do you need? Now I could wonder whose parents didn't get far enough outside their gene pool.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    You obviously do not have even the remotest concept as to the meaning of the word 'light'.
    "Aut Vincere Aut Mori"

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    You obviously do not have even the remotest concept as to the meaning of the word 'light'.
    Enough with the insults.
    You got your answer, now move along please.

The first jab was maybe uncalled for but so is turning it into a major flame war.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    I am sure Moderator's of any forum have a difficult job at times and I thank you for your reply but, unfortunately, I HAVE NOT received a reply to my question.

I simply asked if anyone could tell me if there was supposed to be a low fuel warning light on my bike, and for this got called a 'hard head'.

Well, even a mentally retarded 4 year old would know that what I was trying to determine was whether my bike was fine, or whether I have an electrical problem and for this I have to put up with being insulted?

As I have already said, this obviously is not a forum for getting help so I will go elsewhere for help.
    "Aut Vincere Aut Mori"

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    You got your answer but for some reason you fail to accept. I thought I put enough smilies in my post to convey that it was a joke. Guess not. The blinking bar is your warning light. When you get to one bar it will be solid for while then start blinking then it will go back to solid and you are really low. That's it there is no other light no fi code no horn alarm just a blinking bar. Ignore it again and you will be walking again.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    I HAVE NOT received a reply to my question.
    Yes you did.
    That last flashing bar IS THE LOW FUEL WARNING on that model.

I don't know how it could be stated any simpler or more plainly.

If you are going to be this sensitive and uncooperative.......good luck finding any place that seems friendly.

This forum is if you don't act like "a mentally retarded 4 year old".

So shape up or ship out.
    You have threatened twice now.
    Do it or stop the hollow threats.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50
    Scribe_05, let's put it this way.

No, there is no low fuel warning light.

The low fuel warning itself is when the last bar on your fuel gauge starts blinking.

I get around 22 - 23 km/L, that's about 50 miles/US gal. There's nearly 4 US gal in the tank (I think there's 3.98 US gal), so start looking at fuel around 175 miles when you have about half a gallon left. Out in the country you may have to juggle how much fuel you think you'll need against how far you think the next gas station is.

I do find that the fuel gauge on my M50 is biased towards the full tank, I get maybe 80 miles on the first fuel gauge bar, and only about 25 or 30 miles on the last fuel gauge bar, so start to think about fueling when the second to last bar disappears.

My Bike(s)
    2003 suzuki VL800 Volusia
    That answered a question I had about the blinking bar, However, my tank is full yet still a blinking bar?! I'm guessing there is something wrong with the sending unit, any advice to fixing it?

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    I would run it low and fill up again...it may just be a glitch. Last resort is drain the tank and remove the sender....I would suspect a fault with the float sticking or sunken.

Generally the sender will be found under a round cover at the base of the tank. One word of advice if you do remove it is use a new gasket....a leak here is most unwelcome. Before you do any of this make sure the connection to the gauge is firm and the wiring is sound. Another thing you may try, although there is no guarantee of success, is a bent coat hanger in the tank the try and jog the sender free....be careful if you try this it may well end up making things worse.

Good luck
    Last edited by Aussie Steve; 01-11-2018 at 05:29 AM.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha Midnight Star 1700
    When in doubt stop and get gas. Works every time for me.

Sponsored Links