2005 C90 Electrical Issues
  • Login:

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2005 C90 Boulevard

Question 2005 C90 Electrical Issues

I am looking at a 2005 C90 Boulevard that a friend has and is wanting to sell. He told me that it needed a starter solenoid. I went to the dealership and picked up a Rick's Motorsports solenoid and went over to put it on. He had just put a brand new battery on it the day before. It would spin over but not crank. I tried it a couple of times until the battery started getting weak. Charged it fully. Tried it again and it spun over but this time it continued to try to start even after I released the start switch and even continued after I hit the kill switch. It finally stopped turning over and then lost all power completely. Absolutely dead. And, the battery was hot as fire. The 30A fuse was not burned up. My buddy called his brother, the previous owner, and he said that it has done that 5-6 times and left him stranded on the side of the road. It keeps burning up starter solenoids and dying completely. I am wanting to buy it if it will be a reasonably simple and/or inexpensive fix but not if it is going to be in the hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I am new to Suzuki bikes so I only know what I have been reading online in the past couple of days. What I have found is that it could be any number of things from a bad ground to faulty wiring in the ignition to short in the safety switches and the list goes on. Has anyone run into this before that can give me some insight into what the problem could be. It's a 2005 C90 Boulevard but the sticker on the bike shows 8/2014 VL1500. It has Cobra Dragsters and leather saddlebags and other than the electrical issue is in really good condition with only 12,000 miles for $2500. Help?

Sponsored Links