Favorite Rear Tire - 2008 C109R
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109R

Favorite Rear Tire - 2008 C109R

What is everyone's favorite tire for the C109? I am getting a little square so thinking it's time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Not a C109 but I like the Metzler that is on my Vulcan.
    I think it is an ME88 or ME880.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki C109R
    Last time I checked, you only have 3 choices for the C109, two flavors of Bridgestone and the Metzler. I've ridden with all three. The Metzler and the Bridgestone Exedra have a similar feel and are leaps and bounds better than the stock Bridgestone. Both make cornering a lot easier. The Metzler felt slightly more sticky, but it wore out faster and I didn't think the higher price was worth it. I've had several sets of the Exedras now and they are my favorite. Check out the C109 thread in the forums at m109riders.com. It is far more active forum for the bigger bikes.
    Last edited by ace4aday; 06-26-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    '08 C109R featuring: Ultimate Seat (in studded leather); Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; GMan Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2008 Bandit 1250S, '97 Vakyrue, '00 Kaw Nomad, '02 Harley Ultra Classic, '03 BMW K1200RS
    Quote Originally Posted by shlickster View Post
    What is everyone's favorite tire for the C109? I am getting a little square so thinking it's time.
    Go with the Bridgestone Exedra. I've had great mileage and great performance from this tire. Metzler is now manufacturing some of its tires (headed for North America) in South America and they are prone to actually falling apart (deterioration down to the threads) before they have enough years or mileage on them to warrant that kind of situation. I've actually SEEN IT on bikes belonging to friends.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Welcome to the forum.

I belong to a LOT of bike forums and a couple of large riding groups and this is the first I've heard of this problem with Metzler.

Could you please provide a pointer to some additional information about this ?

My Bike(s)
    2008 Bandit 1250S, '97 Vakyrue, '00 Kaw Nomad, '02 Harley Ultra Classic, '03 BMW K1200RS
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I belong to a LOT of bike forums and a couple of large riding groups and this is the first I've heard of this problem with Metzler.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lemme contact my friend who researched this after the rear tire on his Wing started falling apart. When I get the info, I'll post it.

My Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx 2nd REPLYXXXXXX

OK, go to Yahoo.com and in the Search box, type in "Problems with Metzler motorcycle tires".

After the first 3 or 4 links (which all are links where you can buy the tires) you will start seeing multiple links that address this issue, including some about a recall. Particularly identified is the ME880 tire, but I don't think the problem is limited to the 880.

MiseryCity
    '97 Valkyrie
    '00 Nomad
    '02 Harley Ultra Classic
    '03 BMW K1200RS
    '08 Bandit 1250S

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCity View Post
    OK, go to Yahoo.com and in the Search box, type in "Problems with Metzler motorcycle tires".
    I did that on Google and spent a couple of minutes scanning the results.
    It seems that most of them are about 4 years old or more.
    So your information MIGHT be outdated.

I don't care anymore since my Spyder uses car tires.

Anyone who DOES care should do the search and look for current information and make their own call.

I had them both front and back on my Vulcan for 2 years with no problems.

Sponsored Links