Best add-on lights for road illumination at night
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DGVC90T

Thread: Best add-on lights for road illumination at night

My Bike(s)
    2006 Boulevard C90T

Best add-on lights for road illumination at night

I'm starting to do much more night time riding on my C90T. I don't have a light bar but do have an engine guard and was looking to install a pair of lights on it and wire them to my headlight. Any suggestions on ones that will give me great road illumination.
    Thank you.
    brian.traub.7 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    i have found some ebay ones listed as motorcycle fog lights. Trying to not spent $500 on a J.W. Speaker adaptive headlight. i would find out the output of your charging system first. Then convert your headlight to LED. (changing the whole reflector) The wisamic led headlight i got is actually DOT approved and was less than $60.
    We gain knowledge by watching, doing, listening, and teaching. Not by insulting. We all can say mean things nicely.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    My guess is that a C90 has plenty of 12 V capacity for a reasonable set of aux. lights.

That means 35W or less each for a total of 70 watts.
    They need to be driving lights.....NOT fog lights.

Be sure that you wire them to come on with the high beams; otherwise they could be illegal and dangerous.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2005 C50T
    This is a solution I used. Go to easternbeaver.com. He makes headlight relay kits to fit most bikes. I have a C50T with it's faint headlight. The relay kit routes the power for your headlights directly to the battery giving more brightness. Otherwise it goes through thin wires that rob your headlight of power. It's a simple addition that works so well. The relay kit is electronic not mechanical and fits inside your headlight shell.

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    I have a set of these on my M50, clamped on the 'engine guard' with their included clamps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Don't have any pics, sorry. They're not super-bright 'bunny burners,' I got them mainly to be seen better, but they do help at night. The stock headlight is pretty wimpy and I really didn't like riding at night before, but I don't mind it now. I can see much better down a dark road than before.

One of them did burn out after about 6 months, but they're cheap enough I just bought another set and now I have a spare. I just run them straight off the fusebox, on an auxiliary circuit I think, to turn on with the key. At this price and wattage you could even run 2 pairs, and that would probably light the road up pretty good. Come to think of it, I might do just that. I'll report back if I do.

i just remembered, I did have to buy these clamps too. https://www.amazon.com/LAMPHUS-Off-R...39M2C08B2AA3KT. There are two sizes, these are for 1-1/2" and up.
    Last edited by rhorst; 06-05-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Sponsored Links