windshield mount for '09 M50?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50

windshield mount for '09 M50?

Hello fellow riders,

I know this is an extremely long shot, but I found out I have to make at least 3 posts before I can reply with a link to someone else's post, so what the heck.

I have an '09 M50 Limited, which I love. The guy I bought it from had the factory windshield, but not the mounting brackets for it. The bike has an aftermarket windshield, but it would be cooler with the Boulevard one. I have the factory bags, so that would complete the look. The mountings for the existing windshield do not fit the factory one. The mount is not sold separately, only with the windshield.

So, I don't suppose anyone happens to have that mount but not the windshield? That would be like the two guys that met at the shoe store, who have the same shoe size, and one is missing his left foot and the other's missing the right. But it could happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    do you have a picture of the windshield? Will tell me what kind of mount required.
    We gain knowledge by watching, doing, listening, and teaching. Not by insulting. We all can say mean things nicely.

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    I'll get a couple of pics and see if I can get them posted. Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    windshield mount for '09 M50?-img_1187.jpgwindshield mount for '09 M50?-img_1186.jpg
    OK, I figured out how to get pictures in here. Does this help? If you're going to say you have the mount or know where to get it, I just might cry. I was sure I would never find one.

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    This got awful quiet. Did you have good news for me, DivineChaos? I got that windshield out and remembered how pristine and pretty it is, and now I'm all excited. If I can't get the OEM mount I'm going to finish designing my own.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorst View Post
    This got awful quiet. Did you have good news for me, DivineChaos? I got that windshield out and remembered how pristine and pretty it is, and now I'm all excited. If I can't get the OEM mount I'm going to finish designing my own.
    Sorry i forgot to to look. looks like a standard mount will work. ill get back to you when i find it. what circumference are your forks are?
    Last edited by DivineChaos; 06-19-2019 at 10:33 PM.
    We gain knowledge by watching, doing, listening, and teaching. Not by insulting. We all can say mean things nicely.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    I think this is what you are looking for? https://www.ebay.com/itm/National-Cy...75.c1#viTabs_0

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    the factory part number is 990A0-70002-007 was meant to be part of the forks it looks like. something hard to loose. im sure he still has it somewhere if he took it off.
    https://www.revzilla.com/oem/suzuki/...SABEgKgQfD_BwE

trhat is the factory brace.
    Last edited by DivineChaos; 06-19-2019 at 11:13 PM.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    hope his helps. just an hour of loooking my man.

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    Wow, this is weird. For about 9 days I was unable to find this thread, and I didn't get notified of any of your replies. That's a lot of good info. I had looked pretty hard for a separate part number, don't know why I didn't find it. The local dealer told me outright that the mount was not offered separately. That photo does look like the one I saw on the dealer lot.
    The guy I bought the bike from had bought it used. When he got it, the previous owner gave him the bags and the windshield, but not the mount. So I don't know who the original owner is to ask him.
    Neither of those links have it available right now, but now that I have the number I can hunt for it and put some watchlists out.
    Several places they're saying that's for the C50, Do you happen to know if that's interchangeable?
    Thanks a bunch, DivineChaos, for taking the time to help out on this.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    Wow, this is weird. For about 9 days I was unable to find this thread, and I didn't get notified of any of your replies. That's a lot of good info. I had looked pretty hard for a separate part number, don't know why I didn't find it. The local dealer told me outright that the mount was not offered separately. That photo does look like the one I saw on the dealer lot.
    The guy I bought the bike from had bought it used. When he got it, the previous owner gave him the bags and the windshield, but not the mount. So I don't know who the original owner is to ask him.
    Neither of those links have it available right now, but now that I have the number I can hunt for it and put some watchlists out.
    Several places they're saying that's for the C50, Do you happen to know if that's interchangeable?
    i found it on revzilla also. i found the original part number off Suzuki sight. just have to know the right keywords. the ebay listing is supposed to be universal mount for those type windshields. you can look at your bike to see if the mounts for the factory mount will attach. only other option is to change the mount on the windscreen to a standard style.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    And if you click on your name it will show you your activity on this site. (where you have posted)

Sponsored Links