Best Disclaimer for Aftermarket Parts I've Ever Seen.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X

Best Disclaimer for Aftermarket Parts I've Ever Seen.

Programmed with precise fuel delivery and ignition timing events.

Throttle position sensor recalibration is required for installation.

Race Application Only

CAUTION: Engine-related Performance Parts are intended for the experienced rider only. Buell® motorcycles modified with some Buell® Pro-Series performance engine parts must not be used on public roads and in some cases may be restricted to closed course competition. Throughout this online catalog all engine related performance parts identified with the race flag symbol are intended for racing applications only and are not legal for sale or use in California on pollution-controlled vehicles. Alterations of emission related components constitutes tampering under the US EPA guidelines and can lead to substantial fines and penalties. In other words: YOU ARE A GROWN UP. ACT LIKE ONE.

WARRANTY: Installation of Buell® Pro-Series products, and similar products from other manufacturers, except some street-legal offerings installed by authorized Buell®dealers, may affect your Buell®limited vehicle warranty. See your dealer for more information.

Prices are MSRP US$. All products may not be available in all markets.

That is just great!!! They might as well say, "Hey Squid! Pull your britches up, turn your hat around, and grow up!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    LOL. Sounds like something a well-worn racer would say.

How about some quote tags on that so we know what you said and what they said?

'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by intimid8er View Post
    That is just great!!! They might as well say, "Hey Squid! Pull your britches up, turn your hat around, and grow up!"
    NEVAAAH!!!111!!1!one!1one

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Handy
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.
    Loud pipes and other myths.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRed94 View Post

How about some quote tags on that so we know what you said and what they said?

Interestingly enough you bring that up Clint. By and large (you should know) I do that for our readership, and I usually provide a link for my source also. I neglected to do so on my original post, and I used the Edit button to go back and correct the post.

However, this was not working as intended. I clicked the Save button, and I got the little moving icon denoting that something was happening, but, nothing happened. It kept going like that for well over ten minutes. It didn't even time out. I had to terminate the operation. I tried again, and got the same result. Just so y'all know that's happened more than once this week.

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    Yep. It's a well-known quick reply bug. We're (supposedly) working on it. Sorry for the harassment.

'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

Hangin' On For Dear Life
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
    Dallas, Texas Directly above the center of the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRed94 View Post
    LOL. Sounds like something a well-worn racer would say.
    Yes it does! I get to watch a lot of interaction between the seasoned riders and the new "Young Guns" out at the race track and inevitably the older riders become much more competitive when there is some 17 – 20 something rider out on the track trying to be a Hot Shot. Not that they aren’t always competitive, it just means more to them to beat the pants of someone feels it is as necessary to show off as it is to race. You can look in there eyes when they are watching others race and tell who is earning their respect.
    Case in Point:
    Two Racers one is 11 years old and rides in 5 classes; 50cc, 65cc, 85 – 150cc, 125 – 250cc, and 250 – 450cc. Now Flat Track bikes are typically much lower to the ground than an MX bike is. There is no need for that much shock travel. None the less someone has to hold his 125 and 250cc bikes up for him at the starting line, his feet will not reach the ground. Now the fact that he has 5 bikes (very nice bikes) and a real nice pit set up compared to most to the guys out there with one 10 – 40 year old bike and a box of sprockets you would think that alone would spark more competition.
    The other racer is 25 has on bike ride in the 250 – 450cc class has a limited budget and does all his own wrenchin’.
    Of the two most of the seasoned riders would rather loose to the 11 year old because he races for the pure challenge of it, win or loose he always gives his best. The other guy shows off, if the bike isn’t exactly to his liking of if he is just to far back to win he will pull off the track and park the bike. Oh and you should see him when the 11 year old schools him on the half mile track. Makes me wish I had a video camera.
    Real Men Drift on Two Wheels.

Sponsored Links