saddlebags
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: saddlebags

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C-50 silver gray

Question saddlebags

I have a silly question about saddlebags. I've noticed that some of them are hooked together and some aren't. I saw some saddleman brand bags I liked and it looks like they zip together. So how do you mount them? You can't really just throw them over the seat if you have a passenger can you? I assume you still need the metal thing on the sides to keep them out of the rear wheel. These saddleman bags were like $150 bucks vs the suzuki oem ones that mounted to the side and were like 300-500 bucks. Help out an ignorant newbie here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Wife's pet :)
    My Bike(s)
    04 volusia 800
    they mount over the fender but under the seat. i just bought the saddleman jumboeo slant bags & love them for the cost. can't go wrong. don't buy to small of ones
    sky

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C-50 silver gray
    do you have to worry about the paint?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

i purchased an 06 c50 a few weeks ago and am going to get the Saddlemen Cruis'n Slant Bags - Jumbo ($150), along with EasyBrackets. bags can be modified for the brackets. brackets are about $135 from cruisercustomizing.com: Easy Brackets are an innovative two (2) point docking system that allows the quick and easy installation and removal of saddlebags. Easy Brackets use two (2) existing bolts holes in the fender rail of the motorcycle. By replacing the existing bolts with the docking posts and longer bolts provided in each kit, the Easy Brackets can then be instantly installed and locked into place.
    Because each Easy Bracket is for your motorcycle, you will receive all of the correct hardware with your order. The docking posts and bolts are especially designed to work perfectly with your motorcycle, eliminating the hassles of adding spacing washers to either line up the docking posts or to achieve a good, tight fit.

I took the All Bran Challenge
    My Bike(s)
    C50SE

Mike

Just a word of advice, if you remove both bolts on one side you will have a problem lining back up. Remove one, start the replacement, then remove the 2nd one.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2000 intruder lc 1500
    i learned the hard way about removing both bolts. spent almost an hour getting them back in. very frustrating!!
    also, you can usually find the bags or the bag supports on ebay fairly resonable. later, bud

Foil Inspector
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
    Mike,
    When you say that the bags can be "modified" to fit the bracket, could you be a little more specific? Does that mean drilling, cutting or otherwise? Do you notice any problem with your modifications to the bags?

I'm thinking about a similar purchase..
    Thanks!
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    -Abraham Lincoln

i got a 05 m50 and i put a set of them saddleman slant bags on there and man they look great to. Iused the suzuki bag supports .a word of advise take one bolt out at a time.

can you still mount an OEM sissybar if you do the easy brackets? thanks

Foil Inspector
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by spanman
    can you still mount an OEM sissybar if you do the easy brackets? thanks
    When I asked the people at Easy Brackets that, they told me to use the ones meant for the backrest (part #VOL-R1BR). He said that they are for the Volusia/C50, but should work on the M50 (they do take the same part number for the backrest mounts).

I will be able to tell you more when I get mine. I order the above part number and will find out what happens.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
    -Abraham Lincoln

do you have a pic I am thinking that is a great bag for my c 90 but want to see what it looks like on a suzuki thanks

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 C-50 silver gray
    do the saddlebags that go under the seat ruin the paint on the fender??

Leaned over, knee down
    Quote Originally Posted by zukihawk
    do the saddlebags that go under the seat ruin the paint on the fender??
    yes

Leaned over, knee down
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2bike
    i purchased an 06 c50 a few weeks ago and am going to get the Saddlemen Cruis'n Slant Bags - Jumbo ($150), along with EasyBrackets. bags can be modified for the brackets. brackets are about $135 from cruisercustomizing.com: Easy Brackets are an innovative two (2) point docking system that allows the quick and easy installation and removal of saddlebags. Easy Brackets use two (2) existing bolts holes in the fender rail of the motorcycle. By replacing the existing bolts with the docking posts and longer bolts provided in each kit, the Easy Brackets can then be instantly installed and locked into place.
    Because each Easy Bracket is for your motorcycle, you will receive all of the correct hardware with your order. The docking posts and bolts are especially designed to work perfectly with your motorcycle, eliminating the hassles of adding spacing washers to either line up the docking posts or to achieve a good, tight fit.
    Do a search on EBAY, I got Easy Brackets for $129.95, and free shipping

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2000 Suzuki Marauder
    "do the saddlebags that go under the seat ruin the paint on the fender??"

I have bags that go under the seat and i wouldn't say that it ruined the paint. The fenders on my VZ800 are plastic though. This might not always be true, I just thought i'd share my personal experience.
    2000 Suzuki Marauder 800

Cobra drag pipes, saddlebags, short sissy bar, Memphis Shades Big Shot shield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links