Suzuki intruder starts but jumps when put into gear. Can't ride. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You want to adjust the cable so there is very little/almost no play in the cable. There are usually nuts on a threaded post at the end of the cable housing. Back the nuts off slightly, then adjust the posts out until the slack is gone, then tighten the nuts with the posts in that position. You might need to use a pair of pliers or wrench to hold things in place depending on your adjustment mechanism. Test the clutch again.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    From the description you provided it sounds like the clutch is not releasing. See if you can put it in gear with the engine not running, pull the clutch lever to release the clutch and then see if the bike will roll. It should roll with just a little effort. I was thinking that model had a hydralic operated clutch instead of cable operated clutch, been awhile since I have seen one close up.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

My Bike(s)
    Yamaha r7
    Is Suzuki a good brand? I really want to know because Im about to get a new bike

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Been around a long time they make some great bikes...but like all mass manufacturers some bikes come out with problems sometimes that they dont want to do anything about. The M50 can have a very short cam chain life....many Honda's had a major issue with reg/rec and Yamaha's R1 had/has the same plus a few 2nd gear problems. Kawasaki sometimes have throttle lag...as do Yamaha....but this is usually a simple flash of the fuel maps...usually done for free at a dealer. Some of the Italian bikes have issues with electrical reliability as do some of the British bikes. German machines had a glitch in their flagship a few years ago but nothing I have heard to date. So in a nutshell whatever bike you decide upon needs to be researched a smidgen....go to a specific forum for the make and model and any faults will be well discussed...you decide if you can live with them.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Some Zuki models seem to have more "quirks" than other brands.

Find something you like and then come back here for a report.......regardless of the brand.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Op... do you feel any resistance when you pull the clutch lever?..it should be smooth and consistent. You should be able to feel it when the 2mm to 3mm of slack has been taken up. It should not be heavy nor should it be too light.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

I dont know if you got it or not i got a 87 intruder 1400 and i had that issue and you got to power bleed the clutch or itll never work right, at least for my bike and i used a squeeze bottle like the ones tattoo artists use.i couldnt find a syringe nor could i afford to get one from harbor freight plus it was like 3 in the morning so youtube how to bleed a motorcycle clutch its easy to do

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

My Bike(s)
    1996 suzuki vs1400 intruder
    I am confused, why are we talking cable adjustment when the 1400 had a hydraulic clutch? I would recommend ensuring the line is bled properly and increasing the idle.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by ecbaatz View Post
    I am confused, why are we talking cable adjustment when the 1400 had a hydraulic clutch? I would recommend ensuring the line is bled properly and increasing the idle.
    Not likely he will see your response......since the thread is 3 years old.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links