Carbureted motorcycle jetting questions? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineChaos View Post
    now im in the process of making tru duals for it. will be loud (no mufflers) till i get my drag pipes.
    Likely that the "drag pipes" won't have anything resembling mufflers either ........and it will be OBNOXIOUSLY and ILLEGALLY loud with them too.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, Yamaha 1100 custom,2007
    you say you put in a kit. what kind of needles. anything but mikuni you will have to jet to the instructions that come with the kit.

My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbehavin View Post
    if someone messed with it they may have changed the needles if so it will be hard to tune it easily. with mikuni needles the jetting is written done if you have dyno needles you will have to try to match the jets and settings to each circuit by seeing how it runs.
    yeah and i dont know how to check if it is the factory needle or not. it only had the one c clip on it. but it seems to run alright. if only people would tell you what was done to it. The slide had 2 holes punched into it. the pms screws had no covers, the main jets had been changed, and there was another shim under the needle. so i have no doubt it was messed with. if only you were closer, id pay you to tune it. the bike shop here wants an arm, leg, and a testicle to do any work. $240 an hour.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, Yamaha 1100 custom,2007
    everything you need info wise is in the jetting section of the lincs.....17.5 or 20 pilots.. depending on the exhaust, weather modified or full performance the mains are 147 for modified and 150 for full performance.. two shims total they mic to .05. i'm not a machinist so i don't know if it's tenths or hundreds. the info is in the linc and there's a picture of the needle and washers.the pms screws should be 3 to 3.5. i'm not sure about the needle you have but i think if it's a dyno needle the bike would run pretty bad. and when you turn the screws all the way in you should feel the tip protruding into the venturi, make sure the threads are not bunged..... you can get needles from partzilla for $18.00 each or jets r us. be sure to get pre 2003 they';re easier to use.the problem might be needles or pilot error,..... i've been tuning (sincing) a 650 suzuki all week so go over and over your work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links