Oil dip stick
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Oil dip stick

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard c109

Oil dip stick

I just got a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard c109 and I overfilled it with oil because I can't see the clear oil on the silver dip stick. I would like to put something dark on the backside so I can see the oil, but I don't want to damage the oil. Any suggestions? Would a black permanent marker be OK?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, 2007Yamaha 1100 custom
    i watch a guy on u-tube who rebuilds bike engines and he uses markers on the insides all the time. it's just ink

My Bike(s)
    Thank you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Trick is to hold the stick at an angle so the light flashes on the oil film...not the best option admitedly...why they choose such a light colour for a dipstick seems dumb
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    The 109 has a dipstick? I want one! the M50 only has a sight glass, and it has to be checked with the bike fully vertical. And it's on the underside of the engine's side cover. Since I live alone, I had to get a little telescoping mirror, so I can see under there while I'm sitting on the seat.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    Small block of wood under the side stand works well too.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

My Bike(s)
    Yes, it does have a dipstick, and it is hard to read. I colored the back with a permanent marker and still have a hard time seeing the oil. Bike is back in the shop because I had the same problem--oil coming out the air filter. First time I thought I overfilled it with oil. I changed the air filter and checked the oil and it was only a 1/4 up the stick, but it started blowing smoke again and oil pouring out the air filter holder. Not sure what is going on. AND the warranty expired 2 days before!

Sponsored Links