Memphis Shades Drop Top Fats Windshield - Anybody have one? Ridden with one? Reviews?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Stratoliner

Question Memphis Shades Drop Top Fats Windshield - Anybody have one? Ridden with one? Reviews?

I have searched through the board and saw an older post about this windshield but no follow-up messages or reviews.

Memphis Shades Drop Top Fats.

https://www.motorcycleid.com/2006-ya...129566542.html

I need a lower windshield that was is currently mounted. There are a few options but I spotted the Fats Drop Top and thought it was interesting. Memphis Shades Drop Top Fats Windshield - Anybody have one? Ridden with one? Reviews?-memphis.jpg

It is an unusual configuration and I was wondering if anybody has tried one or has one installed. There don't seem to be reviews online other than a YouTube video which was essentially a first ride. The concept seems sound and the ability to 'tune' it appears to take less effort than adjusting angles on other models. I'm not sure about the look but it would probably grow on me if the shield works as described.

If you have one or have tried one I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Or anybody else's thoughts on the windshield, for that matter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by blackadder_tx View Post
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
    I need a lower windshield that was is currently mounted.
    Why do you "need" a lower shield ?

More air flow from the BOTTOM often is more desirable than from the top.......where bugs and rocks and "things" can smack into your face.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Stratoliner
    The windshield that came with my bike is about 5 inches too tall. I'm not a fan of looking 'through' the windshield. I still want something there, but something I can look over. Thus, the search for something else.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Any chance that the mounts can be moved lower ?

If you get desperate, the top of the shield could be cut down........or the bottom if the actual shield mounts as a separate piece.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Stratoliner
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Any chance that the mounts can be moved lower ?

If you get desperate, the top of the shield could be cut down........or the bottom if the actual shield mounts as a separate piece.
    I believe the mounts are static. There is a company in Houston that will cut it for $80. I've seen some 'how to' videos but I'm not sure I have the tools. I will figure something out. Thanks.

Sponsored Links