Power Commander on C50?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Power Commander on C50?

I have a buddy with a Honda sport bike who just got the Power Commander and installed it last night. He said it made a HUGE difference in the poerformance and handling of his bike.

Has anyone installed one of these on their cruiser? What kind of changes did you see? Was it worth the money (These things cost nearly $300)?

Thanks for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Throttle Jockey
    My Bike(s)
    05 M50, 06 CBR600F4i
    Check with Zuki Dude. He's got the PC installed in his M50. His website also contains how to's. Procedures should also apply to the C50.

EDIT: As STP said in his post below mine, the PC does not improve handling. Good suspension and tires improve handling. The only thing the PC does is adjust the fuel and air mixture to improve the performance across the powerband.
    Last edited by MagnumForce; 08-12-2005 at 02:40 PM.

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    djohnson,,, I am sure it will increase the performance of the bike,,, but don't let your friend B.S. you about it improving the handling of the bike. Maybe it will help the bike get out of it's own way in a lean,, but that bike doesn't seem to have that problem anyways.
    No Signature needed.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    I couldn't have said it any better than those guys above.

It will only affect your engine performance and engine handling.

The cool thing about it is that it can be changed as you mod your bike. You simply load new fuel maps to account for a different exhaust or air filter.

I have no doubt that it will increase the performance of my bike, but the big question is, will it be worth the money?

I'm not so much interested in more horsepower (though that would be nice), but if it improves the smoothness of the ride and responsiveness of the engine, it might be worth it.

May 2007 Member of the month
    My Bike(s)
    2004 Suzuki Intruder 1500LC
    responsiveness I would say yes,, smooting out idle,,maybe yes,, smoothing out ride,, if the engine idle is causing a rougher ride then maybe yes,, if the engine or pipes are not causing the problem with your ride then no it will not. As stated above,, the benefit of it will help performance across the board, and allow for custom tuning if you decide to change the parameters of the engine's program,,I.E.-- better airtflow via a K&N air filter, ramcharger, intake, etc. or better exhaust flow via new pipes, half pipes, baffle removal, etc. Of course then you can also get into serious engine mods,,cams, heads, etc. but you do not sound like that is the case.

So basically you need to figure out if you are going to do any of the above and if the performance of the engine is worth the extra bling. Good luck,, hope this helps. If you are happy with the performance and you intend on not doing any modifying then no it probably is not worth the money for you to spend.
    No Signature needed.

Sponsored Links