New Forum Section - Honda CTX! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    09 FatBob, 09 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    shame, Canyons around Azuza are nice & full of guys on bikes
    doesnt mean you cant use it as such. you gotta take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. if i was used to riding a liter crotch rocket around those canyons i'd complain about cornering on just about everything else.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by slozomby View Post
    doesnt mean you cant use it as such. you gotta take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. if i was used to riding a liter crotch rocket around those canyons i'd complain about cornering on just about everything else.
    understood, most "reviews" are also pretty biased towards the product itself. hard to get honest answers unless its someone who is not a "writer" that is biased.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Yes first bike, what questions SHOULD I be asking?
    Speed KILLS.
    On a bike, it kills with greater certainty......especially in the hands of a new rider.

Look for threads on here about "new rider" or "first bike".
    No need to re-hash it all again in this thread.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    Honda CTX700
    At the age of 67 I just started ridding 6 months ago on a Honda Rebel 250. Last week I upgraded to the Honda CTX 700 and have been putting 30 to 50 miles in it every day on a winding road. There is no way that I would attempt to ride this bike at 90 mph but at sane speeds it is a wonderfully smooth and stable ride. Even at 5 feet 5 inches tall (me, not the bike) this bike is easy to ride and has great performance!

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    06 XL1200R HD .......... 03 750 HONDA NIGHTHAWK
    Quote Originally Posted by RFMenge View Post
    At the age of 67 I just started ridding 6 months ago on a Honda Rebel 250. Last week I upgraded to the Honda CTX 700 and have been putting 30 to 50 miles in it every day on a winding road. There is no way that I would attempt to ride this bike at 90 mph but at sane speeds it is a wonderfully smooth and stable ride. Even at 5 feet 5 inches tall (me, not the bike) this bike is easy to ride and has great performance!
    You are the same age as I am, been riding since 1964 though. I think it is time I slowed down, so I got a sportster, just kidding Harley guys. I enjoy riding at more casual speeds these days, when fun turn into work I don't care for it any more. I am glad to see more mid size bikes, I am at the age that I don't have to impress anyone but myself.
    Those who beat their swords in to plowshares will work for those who did not.

COLOR ME GONE! Another victim or ER's BS.

My Bike(s)
    CTX700N
    I have one and am very happy with it

My Bike(s)
    None.
    This thread does not seem to have much action lately - I am looking for my first motorcycle I have taken the safety course and believe I like the "standard" or "Crusier" position when riding.. I dont want to spend over 10k on my first bike (would prefer much less!).. some I seem to keep getting drawn to are these and M50's.. I can get a M50 for a lot less and find them used, but I keep looking back at this one... For you guys with one how do you like it? I would like something with a low center of gravity, I have driven a harley touring bike and it was SO top heavy it was hard for me to control.Any information would be great - I have found lots of favorable reviews, but have not spoken with someone that actually owns one

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    So, which bike is it that you are asking about.....the M50 or the bike in this thread, a Honda CTX ???

My Bike(s)
    None.
    Sorry! I am curious about both, but I was asking about the CTX here.

My Bike(s)
    2014 Honda CTX700T
    Hello from up North. Just picked up my CTX yesterday and am quite pleased with it so far. A lot different from the Vulcan 900 I had. While I was waiting at the dealership I was looking at the M50's and they look a lot heavier and beefier than the CTX. While that helps with turbulence and wind shear at highway speeds, it also cuts down performance considerably. One of the first things I noticed about the CTX was how agile it was after the 620 lb. Kawi. The steering was so light it took me a while to get used to it. So think about city riding as well as freeway. BTW, the Canadian model comes with ABS, but we can't get the D model up here. Cheers.

Seat Tester
    Congrats on your new CTX and welcome to the forum!
    1950 BSA B33 Dirt Track Racer
    1967 Suzuki M12 50cc
    1978 Honda CB125S
    2010 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight

thanks for sharing

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    And this post was followed by you saying "hello" in 10 different threads.

We would thank YOU to try and contribute something useful.......like what kind of motorcycle you have or are interested in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links