Wa-512
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Wa-512

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene

Wa-512

Not particularly an event but I went to Seattle from Olympia a few weeks ago and the ridges/grooves in the pavement on I-5 are really a problem on a little bike. all the way across the freeway on some spots are covered with those lines up and down the lanes. it looks like a big rake went over it.
    I wanted to cut over to Puyallup and go up to Bellevue, is there anything I need to know before embarking upon this journey on WA-512?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Y2K
    In The Zone
    My Bike(s)
    Electraglide Classic
    The 512 is pretty good, better than the 5 through Seattle over that rough patch for sure.

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    99 Suzuki Marauder
    The 512/167/405 route up to Bellevue is a much better smoother ride than slabbing it up i5.

Sent by middle finger express

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    Ilene
    I tried it, and I agree it is much smoother. -
    I stopped at a gas station/ garage to top off the tire pressure and it turns out there was either too much pressure ( it seemed like there was a bump) in the tire already or the pump being hooked to a tank not a compressor the pressure went to 60 really quick and the tire is showing spider cracks already in spots. being a new tire last January the tire is pretty low on tread already. I don't think anyone purposely overfilled my tire, but it crossed my mind because I checked the pressure 2 weeks ago and took it down to 37 ish of 44 on the back and 28ish on the fron of 33.

Sponsored Links