Louder pipes for my v-star
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2000 v Star 1100 (black)

Louder pipes for my v-star

Hey there fellow members, I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who could point me in the direction that would enable me to acquire a set of gently used aftermarket pipes for my 2000 v Star 1100... ei: V&H.. Cobra...etc. or the like... I'm in Nova Scotia Canada. Thanks people

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    What do the laws in Canada say about running a vehicle without a proper muffler on it ?

In the US, that is illegal.....although it is seldom enforced.

Regardless of where you live, it is an obnoxious thing to do.......and might actually make the bike run worse.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    Quote Originally Posted by boscarw View Post
    Hey there fellow members, I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who could point me in the direction that would enable me to acquire a set of gently used aftermarket pipes for my 2000 v Star 1100... ei: V&H.. Cobra...etc. or the like... I'm in Nova Scotia Canada. Thanks people
    If you change the pipes you might have to rejet your carbs. And i would check on local laws about inspection. I know some places do not require it there. As for where you can get a used set. There is a group on facebook, someone might have a set. Just have to make sure it is dot and emissions approved if your province requires it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/252104645212176/
    We gain knowledge by watching, doing, listening, and teaching. Not by insulting. We all can say mean things nicely.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    And even thought it is illegal, some people switch o the factory exhaust for inspection and emissions, hen put the other pipes back on after they get the sticker.
    We gain knowledge by watching, doing, listening, and teaching. Not by insulting. We all can say mean things nicely.

My Bike(s)
    2000 v Star 1100 (black)
    Thanks y'all for your comments and advice... You just got to lluuuv the biker community... And of course ....The People.

Sponsored Links