Motorcycle Forum banner

Honda Magna Owners?

61K views 66 replies 46 participants last post by  DAWWGER67 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there are any Honda Magna owners in here. I have two third generation Magnas and I love them.

Check out my Magnas; http://nebular10.tripod.com

#2 ·
Magna

I have an 83 V45 It's a little rough but runs half way decent. I need to find a right side cover for mine. This place here is dangerous:mrgreen:. They made me start painting my bike, cutting the baffles out and things like that :lol4:, they have some great ideas and good info on this site and the people seem friendly enough.
I plan on painting the tank and side covers this winter. Got to get the dents out from the previous owner:roll:

And welcome to M-J

#4 ·
Dunno if these guys have a website.. APF Salvage in Fresno, CA.. They have a few Magna's out there.. I know they sell Carbs ( all 4 with intake for around $250. ) Or check EBay.. I just sold my '83 V45. I have a '82 Sabre 750 working on currently..

#13 ·
A group of V65 Magnas, a Super Magna (and Wild Willy. Had to be different, didn't ya? :hry: )
I'm on the far right on my V65 Magna. Red Jacket.
This was taken at our annual get together at Shell, Wy. where
we ride Beartooth Pass. Second weekend in August, and anyone/bike
is welcome. Contact me or WildWilly if you'd like to join us.

#18 ·
just remember, these bikes have some oiling / lubrication issues. there are hacks to fix the shortcoming; which I found out about a bit too late.

#19 ·
If the cams are in good shape, and you change your oil they can go on for a very long time. It seems like the ones that had trouble it happened early in the bikes life. The problem is that they oil the cams with oil from the transmission side of the pump, which dose not run through the filter. Only the bottom end oils from the filter side. If you go to long without changing the oil dirt from the bottom of the crankcase can get up to the cams.

Dave Dodge sells a kit that feeds the top end from the filter. It consists of a plate that goes on before the filter with 2 lines that feed the top end. There are some knockoffs that only use one line, I would avoid those. Holeshot Performance also sells the same one as Dave Dodge Here is contact information. Dave's site is not ready, you will have to call or email him.

Dodge Racing Products
attn: Dave Dodge
2595 Davida Ave.
Fort Mohave, AZ 86426
Tel: (928) 387-1206
E-Mail: drp123@mindspring.com
Web Site: www.drp123.com (under construction)

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc. Look under V4 Hondas

#20 ·
I just purchased a 1986 v45 700cc Magna and I love it. First two days put over 130 miles on her. 17K on the bike and still purrs nicely. Low center of gravity never thought riding would be so easy. I still have a lot to learn, but hope that these forums can be of help when needed.

Glad to be part of the community...

Jared

#21 ·
I have a 1983 V65. Picked up in Sept. 2010. So so appearance, but man is it fast!
It needed a bunch of work, and I said "if this bike gives me 1000 miles, I've gotten my money". 2500 miles in addition to the
original 7024 miles, and it's running well. I should schedule it for a valve adjustment, and I'll likely do it myself, once I get the
tools I need, but any advice would be appreciated.

#22 ·
Hello everyone,
I had a 1983 Honda V65 Magna from 1988 to 1999 and sold it with 60,000 miles.
Well since then I have had a Honda Valkyrie Interstate for the past 10 years and decided I wanted a change.
So I found a clean low mileage V65 with only 2 owners and bought it Monday night.

I'm reliving good times again !!!
These are awesome bikes and I'm so excited to have one again...completely stock except for a new Corbin seat.

I'm looking for the specs of this bike such as HP - 1/4 mile times etc.
Thought I might find them here somewhere but Have not yet searched much.

Happy to be here,

Gary​

#24 ·
I have been trying to register on the magna bbs forums and starting to get annoyed. I don't know what the problem is but I have tried two different e-mail addresses and it still gives error message. I disassembled the carbs on my 83 Magna v4 500 about a month ago and can't remember exactly how all of the linkage reconnects(I should have left them connected to the manifold....). Does anyone have any pointers or where to find a diagram I can actually see the details on??

#26 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the K&G sliding backrest from a V45 Magna will also fit a V65 Magna ??
Also looking for a cover for the oil filter....anyone know where I might find one?
Been on ebay, craiglist and a bunch of other sites and they only have them for the V45.
The V65 has a larger diameter oil filter.

#28 ·
Hey there , i am new to this site but i also have a 3rd gen magna . It is a 1996 750 c . I added a dyno-jet kit , k/n filter , stock pipe mod . And just put a regina zx chain with 15/40 sprocket ratio on . This bike will flat out haul a.. I love them also magna owners of texas has a awesome site .

#29 ·
Just new here too. I picked up an '84 v30 with only a few good weeks of summer left (I got my riders' course August long) and Mother Nature has been very kind to me for my troubles! :bluethum: Got the bike for less than $1000 and after a few tweaks courtesy of my dad, it's running not too bad. Very nice bike to start on. I'm pretty pleased and this winter "Peanut" will be getting a custom paint job courtesy of my bro the custom king. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.