Full Specs: 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seat Tester

Full Specs: 2014 Indian Chief Vintage

2014 Indian Chief Vintage (starting MSRP: $20,999)
    The new Indian Chief Vintage is a soft bagger that takes iconic Indian Motorcycle styling to a whole new level with handcrafted detail and a signature heritage aesthetic. The Indian Chief Vintage offers top-quality quick release soft-sided leather bags, leather fringe, chrome fender tips, vintage chrome badging on the front fender and a quick-release windshield for easy installation or removal. It includes the same premium standard features as the Indian Chief Classic, and sports the same iconic design elements like valanced fenders, laced wheels, whitewall tires, tank-mounted instrument cluster and extensive chrome finishes throughout. It is also powered by the new Thunder Stroke 111 engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Seat Tester

MY 2014 Indian Chief Vintage

Engine

Engine Type: Thunder Stroke 111
    Displacement: 111 cu in
    Bore x Stroke: 3.976" x 4.449" (101mm x 113mm)
    Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
    Electronic Fuel Injection System: Closed loop fuel injecion /54mm bore

Performance
    Peak Torque RPM: 3000 rpm
    Peak Torque (J1349 ft-lbs): 119.2 ft-lbs/ 161.6 N m

Drivechain
    Primary Drive: Gear Drive Wet Clutch
    Clutch: Wet, Multi-Plate
    Gear Ratio (Overall)
    1st 9.403 : 1
    2nd 6.411 : 1
    3rd 4.763 : 1
    4th 3.796 : 1
    5th 3.243 : 1
    6th 2.789 : 1
    Final Drive 2.2 : 1

Chassis
    Suspension: Front - Type/Travel
    Suspension: Rear - Type/Travel Single Shock / 3.7 in mechanical preload
    Brakes/Front: Dual / Floating Rotor / 4 Piston Caliper Dual Front / 300mm with Non-Linked Anti-Lock Brakes
    Brakes/Rear: Single / Floating Rotor / 2 Piston Caliper / 300mm with Non-Linked Anti-Lock Brakes
    Tires/Front: Dunlop American Elite 130/90B16 67H
    Tires/Rear: Dunlop American Elite 180/65B16 81H
    Wheels: 60 Spoke 16" x 3.5" Front and 16" x 5" Rear
    Exhaust System: Split dual exhaust w/ cross-over

Dimensions
    Length: 103.7 in
    Width (US): 40.4 in
    Width (Intl): 39.8 in
    Height: 58.7 in
    Weight (Empty tank / full of fuel): 801 lbs / 835 lbs
    GVWR: 1260 lbs
    Seat Height: 26.0 in
    Wheelbase: 68.1 in
    Ground Clearance: 5.5 in
    Rake: 25°
    Trail: 6.1 in
    Fuel Capacity: 5.5 gallons

Colors
    Thunder Black
    Indian Motorcycle Red
    Springfield Blue

Standard
    Standard Equipment: Non-Linked ABS; Cast Aluminum Frame with Integrated Air-Box; Cruise Control; Highway Bar; Indian Script Tank Badge; Keyless Start; Light Bar; Premium Leather Seats; Quick Release Lexan Windshield; Quick Release Vintage Leather Saddle Bags; Vintage Fender Badge

Electric: Tank mounted electronic speedometer with odometer; dual tripmeters; digital tachometer; ambient air temperature; fuel range; average fuel economy; battery voltage; gear position display; real-time clock; vehicle trouble code readout; heated grip level (if heated grips installed); low engine oil pressure; and 9 LED telltale indicators: cruise control enabled, cruise control set, neutral, high beam, turn signal, Non-Linked ABS, check engine, and MPH or km/h unit designation; Tank mounted electronic fuel gauge with low fuel LED indicator

49 State Pricing
    Thunder Black $20999
    Indian Motorcycle Red $21399
    Springfield Blue $21399

California Pricing
    Thunder Black $21249
    Indian Motorcycle Red $21649
    Springfield Blue $21649

Canadian Pricing
    Thunder Black $23399
    Indian Motorcycle Red $23799
    Springfield Blue $23799

Coverage
    Coverage 5-Year Coverage- Indian Motorcycle backs every new Indian Motorcycle with 5 years of coverage that includes both a 1 year limited warranty and an extended service contract. Subject to $50 deductible, no mileage limitation.

Roadside Assistance
    Roadside Assistance Services available include emergency transport (up to 50 miles at no cost), pickup and delivery of your motorcycle (charges apply), fluids delivery, a jump start for your dead battery. Roadside Assistance is available throughout the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. Services limited to 5 occurrences in a 12 month period and one free service every 72 hours.

Seat Tester
    Detail Photos of the 2014 Indian Chief Vintage

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Seat Tester
    Looks really nice! I actually like the leather bags and seats. Anyone know if you can get black leather instead of the brown?
    1950 BSA B33 Dirt Track Racer
    1967 Suzuki M12 50cc
    1978 Honda CB125S
    2010 Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    Anybody know if the bags have a hidden lock or if they are not to put your jacket in and walk away? I understand thaey are leather cover hard bags so thought there might be a lock somewhere.
    Do everything like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Seat Tester
    If you look close it looks like there is the typical squeeze latch on the bags. If there is a lock somewhere they hid it really well.
    1967 Suzuki M12 50cc
    1978 Honda CB125S

Seat Tester
    I do not know just yet if there is any form of lock on the leather bags. I do know that Indian has thought of a lot of things like this. The Chieftain actually has remote lock and unlock for their hard bags.

Seat Tester
    Remote locks eh? I wanna hear more about this
    1967 Suzuki M12 50cc
    1978 Honda CB125S

Seat Tester
    Check it out...

2014 Indian Chieftain Bag Removal

The Chieftain also has a Power Windscreen! Whaaaa?!?!

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    Check it out...

2014 Indian Chieftain Bag Removal

The Chieftain also has a Power Windscreen! Whaaaa?!?!
    So how much do Indian pay you to make all these posts Nick?
    It is a nice machine but if you are working for Indian which certainly seems the case with all your professional photos, it's not kosher to pretend to be an enthusiast, and say it even has this feature!, and that feature!!! And a set of steak knives!!!

It is called spam and it would seem you are a spammer.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    '11 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
    That would be Administrator Spammer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Handy
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you.
    Loud pipes and other myths.

Seat Tester
    We're trying our best to start writing reviews and posting specs of all the new motorcycle models that come out. We were out riding and we happen to run into this Indian on the road. This was a one in a million chance and Nick and I were blown away. Since we have first hand experience with this bike it creates a bit more excitement then a normal motorcycle. Posting stats can sometime get boring
    1967 Suzuki M12 50cc
    1978 Honda CB125S

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JmalB View Post
    That would be Administrator Spammer to you.
    Ah, I should say Welcome Mr Spammer. Greetings good sir. Particularly nice tasting official spam you have provided.

Seat Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterDarker View Post
    So how much do Indian pay you to make all these posts Nick?
    It is a nice machine but if you are working for Indian which certainly seems the case with all your professional photos, it's not kosher to pretend to be an enthusiast, and say it even has this feature!, and that feature!!! And a set of steak knives!!!

It is called spam and it would seem you are a spammer.
    I don't get paid a single thin dime for making these posts about Indian Motorcycles, but if you happened to see the first one on the streets, then meet the guy who is riding it, who happens to be Indian's "External Relations Manager," giving you access to a whole slew of official information, you would sit on it? You wouldn't be excited that you, an enthusiast out on his bike, ran into something that only a handful of people have seen up close to this degree?

The photos are official Indian photos yes. The ones in the thread that I linked above are mine. And they would be a hell of a lot better if I had my actual camera with me instead of my phone. The photos would have been similar to this or this, or if you prefer this. To my knowledge, we are here to share information, and have a great time doing it. Like 4Nines said, we had a one in a million chance of spotting this thing, and it opened a door that we are stoked on, so I took a lot of my time and posted that info up here in a clear and professional manner so that the community could be richer for it. I could have simply put a photo up and said, "Hey check it! We saw an Indian today, and the dude was nice." Nothing more than a simple click (maybe) would be given to it, and then forgotten with the passing of an hour. Instead I dissected the press release to give those who are interested some info that is digestible.

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJ View Post
    I don't get paid a single thin dime for making these posts about Indian Motorcycles, but if you happened to see the first one on the streets, then meet the guy who is riding it, who happens to be Indian's "External Relations Manager," giving you access to a whole slew of official information, you would sit on it? You wouldn't be excited that you, an enthusiast out on his bike, ran into something that only a handful of people have seen up close to this degree?

The photos are official Indian photos yes. The ones in the thread that I linked above are mine. And they would be a hell of a lot better if I had my actual camera with me instead of my phone. The photos would have been similar to this or this, or if you prefer this. To my knowledge, we are here to share information, and have a great time doing it. Like 4Nines said, we had a one in a million chance of spotting this thing, and it opened a door that we are stoked on, so I took a lot of my time and posted that info up here in a clear and professional manner so that the community could be richer for it. I could have simply put a photo up and said, "Hey check it! We saw an Indian today, and the dude was nice." Nothing more than a simple click (maybe) would be given to it, and then forgotten with the passing of an hour. Instead I dissected the press release to give those who are interested some info that is digestible.
    Well Nick you are just too professional.
    I have to apologise.
    Thanks for sharing and keep on so doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links