Drivers backrest?????
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Drivers backrest?????

Hey all,
    Anyone have a drivers backrest on their M50? If so, where did you get it and how much? Are you happy with it? I couldn't find one on Suzuki's website.
    Thanks!
    Drag

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Leaned over, knee down
    I have one of these for my "M". I haven't mounted it yet, and won't be able to until spring, so I can't report on how well it works, it was just under $100 with shipping. Do a search for "drivers backrest" in the search bar at the top of this page, you will find a link with pictures.
    http://backrests4u.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Rickster; 01-09-2006 at 12:18 AM.

guy over on volusia site makes them for C50/M50...will have to log in to get the data, sells them for $75/$80 non studded/studded, login, go to swap meet, look for dec 27 or do search M50

http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtop...&highlight=m50

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

thumbnail is from his file, not my bike, been thinking about it myself though but i have a 'tombstone bag' that works great as a backrest...

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Volusia Anniversary
    Dragula I am the guy selling the backrests and Golftee is right they are 75.00 and 80.00 e-mail me if you need more info!!

Here's another idea for a backrest. Worked well on my last trip and only cost $20 but not as nice as BF4CM28's.
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0

Just another alternative with enough space for a large thermos or rain suit.

Thanks for the responses.

bf4, those look pretty good. I'll give one a try. I'll email you right now.
    Thanks

bf4....hows this backrest attach and does it have any adjustability (height), any assembly closeup pictures we can look at......thanks

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Volusia Anniversary
    It attaches using the existing mounting holes for the driver's seat. I don't have any close-up's yet of the M50 maybe somebody here can supply me with some. The C50/Volusia is almost identical

There is no adjustment for height!

Quote Originally Posted by sundude
    Here's another idea for a backrest. Worked well on my last trip and only cost $20 but not as nice as BF4CM28's.
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0

Just another alternative with enough space for a large thermos or rain suit.
    That reminds me of my back rest. I got my bunjee net out and bunjeed my rainsuit in a bag onto the back of my seat. It was the most comfortable ride I ever had.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2005 M50
    I purchased one of these backrest from bf4 and really like it. It's not designed (style preference) the way I would have liked it, but it's very functional. My issue with the M50 seat lead me to buy this until someone makes a custom seat with driver backrest like Mustang or Corbin. I have some back issues and this backrest has really helped me on rides over an hour long. I would recommend it. Very easy to install as well. Hope this helps!

I just order one from him as well. I'll post results. I'll get some close up pics as well when I mount it.

I'm also buying it as a temporary fix. I'm hoping that it will make me sit more upright taking more load off of my tailbone so that I can actually ride my bike until I can have a custom seat made for it.

Sponsored Links