Power commander maps?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50

Power commander maps?

Does anyone have a map for stock pipes debaffled with a hypercharger intake? or know where i can get one?

thanks!
    makani
    Ha y n Vehicles

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Omnipotent two-wheeler
    My Bike(s)
    Red & Black M50
    Quote Originally Posted by hayn50
    Does anyone have a map for stock pipes debaffled with a hypercharger intake? or know where i can get one?

thanks!
    makani

STOP......

hayn50,

I don't have a map, BUT......

If you have only have debaffled pipes AND plan on getting the Hypercharger.......at least try this first.

Install the hypercharger and take it for a ride, you just may NOT need the pc3.

That's simular to what someone and their husband told me over at Cruisercustomizing.

ie...checked with thier mechanic that told them the stock fi may compensate for the airkit alone...

...so they installed an airkit/have stockers, went onto tell me they now have increased horsepower/torque-via-(seat of the pants review) with NO burping, backfire, nor smoke or other issue's....with no pc3 added....just POWER.

Heck, save money for the pc3 when ya pick up the hypercharger just in case, but you may just come out a head in the long run and be able to use the pc3 money for other bling.

my two cents......
    ----------
    ....Dare to be different....

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50
    SWEET!!! Thanks a lot, I will do that. Worst case is i end up getting what i was playing, best scenario, you saved me 250
    thanks again!
    makani
    Ha y n Vehicles

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Omnipotent two-wheeler
    My Bike(s)
    Red & Black M50
    Quote Originally Posted by hayn50
    SWEET!!! Thanks a lot, I will do that. Worst case is i end up getting what i was playing, best scenario, you saved me 250
    thanks again!
    makani

Exactly.......nothing really lost, but maybe gained. Good luck.

EDIT....btw, if not too late, give chromewhore.com a try for your hypercharger. Call or email JT there...he's excellent to work with and has GREAT prices.
    Last edited by Mavman; 07-09-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    ----------
    ....Dare to be different....

Kickstand Operator
    My Bike(s)
    A Boulevard
    I know this is a really old post but I have to add my 2 cents for experience on same thing. I debaffled, and nekkid jugged my intake with that I lost a ton of power throughout the entire rpm range do to leaning out the bike since the factory ecu didn't compensate for the changes. Just installed the PC3 and fell back in love with my bike. Solid power through all RPM's and throttle pulls. I feel I could get even more out of the bike with a little dyno time. Crusing at 75mph is possible now as the engine is less BUSY and I don't have a dj drive.

So any mod you do for the power of the bike the PC3 is hugely recommended. Plus there is a certain amount of cool points you get for being able to hook your bike up to a laptop and tune it.

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50
    I'm not trying to cause a ruckus here, but I have never, ever seen anyone claim a Hypercharger does not need enhanced fuel control.

Plenty of riders don't use a Power Commander/TFI with debaffled or swapped pipes. But it seems universally accepted that when you add that much more air (like the Hypercharger is prone to inducing) you really must have more fuel.

FWIW, it's been my experience too that when you add that much more air to any engine, you need enhanced fuel control. I made some modifications to my pickup truck and it ran like crap due to all the added air. I had to monkey with the computer to get it right. Same thing with the M.

Add a Hypercharger, and you're going to run really lean and hot without more fuel.
    "He's down there right now, looking up at us."
    M50 Service Manual || He was here just a minute ago. || Don't click here (and especially HERE)

Sponsored Links