Re-tread biker's observations
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Suzuki M50 - Black

Re-tread biker's observations

Hi all - I rode for a few years in the '80s (Honda 450) and not at all for about 25 years after. Riding fever hit me hard recently and I jumped in again quick with both feet.

It's funny, I usually enjoy my day job but since buying a black Suzuki M50 three weeks ago I've become a total clock-watcher. And I'm cheating looks all day at shots of different m50s on the 'net. Going to Youtube for clips to hear the sounds. Yeah, boss, I'm 'researching' those reports you're waiting for!

Getting home from work I've been apologizing to my wife because I can't resist the allure of a half-hour jaunt out a country road near my home.

It's sweet sorrow parking the machine after an evening ride. It's great knowing it's there waiting for the next excursion - at least as long as I don't get asspacked or t-boned by a cager. I'm trying to be safe.
    Definitely more conscious of this at my age than younger.

Biking at 53 vs. 25. Now, for me at least, it's less about raw speed and power, more marveling at the smoothness and strength of this lean machine. I just like being on this bike. Honey, didn't you say you neededa nother box of tampax at the CVS? Almost any excuse will do - well, most anyway!

Guess I'd better get back to 'work' now! Thanks for listening!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

No Significant Other
    My Bike(s)
    2003 Bandit 1200S
    Hehe. Another lost soul. Stay safe. Remember, we don't heal as well as we did at 20 either.

" In the name of the Speedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, amen. "

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    '07 Black M-50... in storage through October :(
    Quote Originally Posted by billfcp View Post
    Honey, didn't you say you neededa nother box of tampax at the CVS? Almost any excuse will do - well, most anyway!
    I don't know... Even with full leathers I don't think you can be cool doing that!
    Some people are like a slinky; they aren't much good for anything, but it puts a smile on your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Clunked into first gear
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50
    ya know what thats funny you mentioned going from liking your job to being a clock watcher... I use to tell everyone how even after being here 3 years my day goes by so fast and so stress free 99% of the time.... Then when I got a bike again back in April....noooooopppppeee my days at work seemed to have tacked on an extra 4 hours ever since lol

SCRC Chapter 300
    V&H Straight Shots - FI2000R - JohnsKits Forward controls - debadged - Flush Mount rear turn signals - Chrome flaming skull rad cover - Chrome Skull grips - Kuryakyn Flamin Switchblade front pegs - Memphis Shades Hellcat windshield.... what to do next.... hhmmm

Quiche' King
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Red Flamed M-50
    Hey Bill,

Stick some Jelly in your pockets, because your "TOAST" !!!!. You will never be the same.

Congrats.........Ride Safe.
    "I would rather be lucky than good!"

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    Honda VTX1300S
    Yeah. Happened to me, too. I'd look outside, and just see the sunny weather, and the nice breeze, and everything. I'd get done quick, leave early, and ask any girls getting off at about the same time to go on a ride. Typically they say no, so I do a little 15 mile thing and head home.

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    06 M50 in Bluuuuuuuuue
    far and away the most annoying thing being a motorcycle rider:

Checking the weather, and seeing that its going to pour, thunder and lightning, and winds at 30mph, so you leave the bike home. Of course, it's completely sunny and perfect weather all day every time. Stupid weather people.
    06 Blue M50 - Loved it for 20k, but its time for something new, something 2.25 times bigger

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    '05 Blue M50 w/Black Flames
    Unless it is raining when I am ready to leave for work, I ride. That is what rain suits are for. If it is raining when I leave, I catch a ride with my wife - we work for the same organization. But then, I have to adhere to her scedule.
    I have found lately, at least in the Charlotte area, that the weather men around here are correct about 20% of the time. Ride safe, billfcp!

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    '07 Black M-50... in storage through October :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    Unless it is raining when I am ready to leave for work, I ride. That is what rain suits are for. If it is raining when I leave, I catch a ride with my wife - we work for the same organization. But then, I have to adhere to her scedule.
    I have found lately, at least in the Charlotte area, that the weather men around here are correct about 20% of the time. Ride safe, billfcp!

I don't catch a ride though, I drive my cage.
    Some people are like a slinky; they aren't much good for anything, but it puts a smile on your face when you push one down a flight of stairs.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    was Suzuki M50 - Now M109
    The worst ride to work is better than the drive in the cage!.

Sponsored Links