Doing a test ride.....
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50

Doing a test ride.....

Alright, I have been thinking of ways to make my M50 look alittle bit more "bobber", so I took the front fender off. I know I'll probably get a face full of rocks tomorrow, but whatever, I'll give it a shot. I took the fender off and it looks pretty good, I'll just have to see how it rides. I
    m scared it's gonna pepper my tank with little rocks and mess it up. Anyone had any experience riding ithout a front fender?
    "Some day you too will know my pain, and smile it's black tooth grin!"

07 Black M50, ISO handgrips, stiletto end caps, debadged and de-stickered, debaffled stock pipes, Hellcat windshield.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Special/Abusive Title
    I don't have experience without the front fender, but I don't recommend it, I mean its goal is to keep road crap off of you...Best of luck to you my friend!

Handlebar Consultant
    Got a friend who took the front fender off his bike, now he won't ride when it's wet out because he gets sprayed in the face with water.
    Current Mods/Accessories: OEM short sissy bar, MC Enterprises crash bar, Mustang Vintage Wide Touring seat, Kuryakyn Dually Iso highway pegs + Longhorn mounts, Highway Hawk floorboards, Tsukayu Corner hard bags, Memphis Shades Pop-Top with modified mounts, Kuryakyn GranTour bag for the long trips

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    06 M50 in Bluuuuuuuuue
    I rode my Gs700 without a fender for a bit after a mishap requiring me to order a new one.

Not recommended. There's a lot of crap that thing keeps off you.
    06 Blue M50 - Loved it for 20k, but its time for something new, something 2.25 times bigger

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    2006 Blue M50
    I could imagine the amount of small stones, sand, glass etc. that the fender helps you from getting peppered with
    http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic14579_4.gif
    For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled. - HST

Kuryakyn ISO Grips and Throttle Boss, Drilled Pipes, Rear Taillight/Fender Mod and relocated signals....More to come soon!!

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard M50
    well i rode it today, to work and back and around some. I didn't have any problems with sand or little rocks or anything and my radiator isn't covered with sand, of course this was only one day of riding. Only thing is, I'm not worried about getting hit with stuff, but I just don't think the looks outweigh the risk of messing up my radiator should I come across a larger rock. When took the fender off, there realy wasn't alot of crap under it, but then again I don't go down alot of dirt roads or anything. I ride in the rain alot, so I'd probably get sprayed pretty good, but I'd rather just not risk messing p the bike. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
    "Some day you too will know my pain, and smile it's black tooth grin!"

07 Black M50, ISO handgrips, stiletto end caps, debadged and de-stickered, debaffled stock pipes, Hellcat windshield.

Wants Better Weather
    My Bike(s)
    '05 M50
    I don't use a front fender. No problems to date. Other than you get extra wet in the rain. That to me is the only draw back.
    Don't think that just because you own a motorcycle we should be friends.

Omnipotent two-wheeler
    My Bike(s)
    Red & Black M50
    you could always do a little modding to it if ya want.....WARNING though....there's no turning back if ya's do.
    ----------
    ....Dare to be different....

Sponsored Links