Quiet aftermarket exhuast
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    09 M50

Quiet aftermarket exhuast

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for some new pipes and I like my exhaust to be on the more quiet side of the spectrum.

Which aftermarket pipes (or pipe/baffle combination) makes the least amount of noise?

Anyone who has heard several different kinds in real life on the M50 have any direction for me?

I've tried listening to all the options on youtube videos and the exhaust posts here but the "extra loud" and the "relatively quiet" don't sound a whole lot different through poor quality video uploads so it's hard to tell how they translate to real life.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    The Jardine 2 into 1 isn't "quiet" but it is quieter than the Morton's Violators. I didn't feel bad about starting it in my neighborhood early in the morning with the Jardines. I'm going to look for a way to baffle the Violator's this summer.
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

TurtleWax Taster
    My Bike(s)
    99 Suzuki Marauder

Re: Quiet aftermarket exhuast

You could always just get the quietest ones you can find. Smartpartz.com makes baffle inserts you can put into pretty much any exhaust. Would work. I put them in the cobra exhaust in my bike, and they work really well.

Sent by middle finger express

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    09 M50
    I thought the only thing louder than Violators was cutting off the muffler at the header lol

Definitely have been checking out smartpartz.com seems like a good option to quiet any pipe. But what's the quietest starting point?

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    I think unbaffled drag pipes are actually louder than the Violators on an M, but I haven't heard them in person. Even with the Violators, when my buddy starts up his 1200 Sporty I can barely hear my M. He's got the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons. When I showed him the Violators he said, "Those look nice - they're not too loud either. I mean, not obnoxious or raspy or anything." In the end, it is only a low compression 800.
    2k8 SE, 2k5 Red Parts, Mustang Vintage Wide Seat, Suzuki OEM Passenger Floorboards, 28" Drag Bars, Ken's 1" Spacers, 2nd Gen Chin Spoiler, Undertail Eliminator Kit, Relocated Turn Signals and Tag, Morton's Violators, K&N Drop In, PC-V retrofit, De-Paired, Custom Headlight, Blacking out the Chrome, Found better brakes - just have to get them on!!!

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher View Post
    I'm in the market for some new pipes and I like my exhaust to be on the more quiet side of the spectrum.
    What are the "old" ones and why the change ?
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    09 M50
    Old ones are stock - changing because they are scuffed from tip over.

I don't need the super obscure extra quiet type. Just out of the mainstream options what is a good starting point?

The cobra classic slash cuts say they are not too loud. Almost all the other descriptions I've read just say they sound good.

I guess it is just a little 800 not a lot of bark, but loud noise just gets to me after a while riding, prefer to keep that to a minimum.

Thanks for the help/suggestions so far.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2008 m50 se. / 2003 1200s bandit
    My riding buddy has V&H cruisers on his C 50 they sound good but not loud,just a nice rumble, unless he is hard on the gas...look good too..

Sit speling cheker
    My Bike(s)
    2011 Victory Cross Roads
    I have the first baffle cut out of my stockers and it is not that loud but the drone on the interstate will really get to you, especially wearing a full face. I would think any after market pipe will probably give you drone problems.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Old ones are stock - changing because they are scuffed from tip over.

prefer to keep that to a minimum.
    I tend to think of things like that as "character" if it isn't TOO bad.

Sounds to me like you need something with a real muffler type baffle and that's pretty hard to locate except for stock.
    Might want to ask if anybody has a set of stockers in good shape.......IF you were satisfied with them before they got damaged.

My Bike(s)
    09 M50
    I was fine with them, I just don't want to pay Suzuki's price for new ones, ridiculous. I have been looking at ebay for some used ones but they are all damaged. Guess I just need some patience! Thanks everyone.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    I have been looking at ebay for some used ones but they are all damaged.
    Ask HERE.
    There may be some near perfect ones laying around that the owner just needs a little "tweek" to part with !!

Clutch Cadet
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Where are you located bonecrusher? I've got a set of stockers that have been "honest abed" that we can talk about if you're interested.

Sponsored Links