Stock Handlebars
  • Login:

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stock Handlebars

Just bought a new (to me) 2008 M50. I absolutely love the bike so far. I do have one small issue that has nothing to do with the bike itself. The previous owner put some very wide flat bars on it. He was likely quite tall because this causes me to need to lean quite a bit forward while riding. Not uncomfortably so as my previous riding experience is on a sportbike... but I think I would like to get them back to stock or any suggested sizing based upon my height etc. to enjoy the experience of a cruiser more. I did try the Flanders re seller website that gives the size of the bars for most bikes (including the m50). But locating a set of bars that matches has proven difficult (they dont seem to have a search/filter function). If anyone knows an actual part/model number I should be looking for I would greatly appreciate it. Any insight into a different style/size of handle bar and/or riser to match me as the rider (5'8-5'9") I would welcome that as well.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    We have a member on here that sells risers.
    Ken Cooley.
    To do that, you need to first verify that there is some slack left in the control cables.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Yea, I just mentioned the risers as something I would be interested in.. if there was a better handlebar that didn't match OEM..but didn't go well with stock risers etc. I can likely verify there is slack in the control cables because these handlebars are quite wide and there are no issues currently. To be quite honest I am just trying to get the bars back to a more comfortable spot. I assumed the stock bars were closer to being sized for an average rider etc. so that was my starting point.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Others here will, no doubt, provide some better answers.
    There probably are lots of sources for handlebars.

Try a close by Suzuki dealer.
    New ones, stock or similar, shouldn't be too expensive.
    They might even have some laying around.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Just to give everyone an idea of how wide/straight they are (sorry, would have posted this originally but the forum requires 3 posts)

My Bike(s)
    05 Suzuki M50 black
    Those look like stock bars. My M50 had me leaning forward too and I'm 6'. I added 2" risers extensions and its better.

My Bike(s)
    2009 M50
    Quote Originally Posted by draym View Post
    Those look like stock bars. My M50 had me leaning forward too and I'm 6'. I added 2" risers extensions and its better.
    I don't know, those look very straight compared to mine ('09 Limited.) From that angle it's a little hard to tell, but that might not even be the original mount. This picture isn't real clear, but the mount itself sweeps back quite a bit from the triple clamp, and the bars come up and back some more from there.

Stock Handlebars-capture.jpg
    I do still lean forward just a little more than I'd like. Someone on this thread mentioned risers, and I think I have enough cable length to set them back another inch or so. I'm going to look into it.
    But for the OEM bars, Lushsul, check BikeBandit.com or Cheapcycleparts.com. If they don't have it in stock, you can probably at least get a part number to search for. And I recommend also checking whether you have the original mount. I'll get a better picture of that today or tomorrow.
    BTW, welcome! I love my M50 too, and I'm having a good time on this forum.

Sponsored Links