07 Boulevard M50 won’t start after crash
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

07 Boulevard M50 won’t start after crash

Hi guys, I’m new and I’m liking the community. It’s good reading material

First as a disclaimer, I’m a mechanic so I know what I’m doing and have the tools, just don’t have experience on bikes.

Anyway, I crashed my M50 into a pole last August, (front wheel caught a trolley track) and in all healed up now and made the decision to repair instead of replace. The damage is mostly cosmetic, fuel tank, fenders, headlight and pegs. But I wanted to make sure it starts first. At first it didn’t start but about 15 wires on the harness behind the headlights were cut, so i professionally repaired all the wires and figured it start now, but still doesn’t. When I flip the key, the cluster lights up but the speedometer doesn’t sweep, it’s still stuck in 30mph whether the key is on or off. The odometer stays blank. Neutral light is on but the F1 lights doesn’t not come on at all. If flip the kill switch I can hear the fuel pump fire up, but if I hit the start button, nothing happens. I’ve tried a booster pack just to see what happens but nothing, I’ve played with the kickstand switch and tried to start it with the kickstand up, clutch in, all those things. Looked around for cut wires. I’ve got nothing. Now I’m confused and don’t know which way to go. I thought about getting DTCs but the cluster is blank, just backlight. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    I would think the speedo being jammed at 30 may be a reason it wont fire up Also what about any fuses....since someone cut the wires maybe they blew a fuse in doing so. Another fault may be a tilt switch that needs resetting....dont know if you have one but many these days do due to high fuel pressure needed for FI. I guesse you may need a new display...one other thing check the ECU connector...tightness and all wires intact.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Check the battery......and the main cables connected to it.

The battery likely is LOW after sitting for 7 months unused; maybe low enough that the jump pack won't help.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Sponsored Links