No spark and back wheel rotating while turning over. Help!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No spark and back wheel rotating while turning over. Help!

Hey guys!

So i bought a used Lifan 250-4 2006 a while ago and decided to bobberize it, replacing damn near everything but the engine, carb and lights, after having bought a new cockpit and reconnected the electrical works the bike wouldnt start, it would turn over but wouldnt run.
    I made a spark check by putting the sparkplug on metal to see if there was a spark but there was none, so i replaced the sparkplugs and still nothing, I replaced the ignition coils and still nothing, I replaced the cdi box and still nothing.
    So I wanted to check the pickup coil and stator and opened up the side of the engine, since I'm an amateur I think I accidentaly did something to the engine crankshaft thinking it would open up the lid to the stator because now my back wheel rotates when I press the ignition switch and the motor turns over,

anyone knows how to fix this?

Also any ideas on how to fix my no spark issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    It is not unusual for the back wheel to turn.......IF it is off the ground or if the transmission is in gear and the clutch is engaged.

Does it have a kill switch ?

You NEED a multi-meter to see if the ignition is getting power in the right places.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    The alternator is on the same side as the gear change and you probably knocked it into gear accidentaly while removing the cover. I would suggest your problem is related to the new cockpit...by which I presume you mean the instuments. It will probably turn out to be either a connection not done correctly, the wrong set of instruments, a blown fuse somewhere or a fault in the instruments.

My suggestion would be to refit the original ones if possible to check if this is the case. One other thing make sure the safety cut outs are working and the kill switch is not either in the non run position or faulty.

Good luck
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Sponsored Links