Mechanics engine
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mechanics engine

Hello, I just wanted to pick everyones brains. I'm saving up to build a bobber and just starting researching engines and frames. I am very interested in single cylinders for there simple engineering, and am leaning towards the Suzuki S40. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm of the belief that the fewer moving parts the less chance of something breaking. Also, I'm searching for an engine that has least amount of electrical. I played with Lego's a lot as a kid but got lost once they started needing batteries. I have a mechanical brain, not an electrical one. My goal is to use quick disconnect electrical connectors (Cannon Plugs) so that the engine could be removed, maintained, and reinstalled without much hassle. I would also like to use a rigid frame for close tolerance and clearances. I understand the best way to do this would be to pick up a rolling chasis and swap the engine and its components over from a used running bike. My question is, would you recommend a different engine? Also, where would I start researching frames that are compatible with the S40 engine? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by Lluke87; 05-01-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: More information

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, 2007Yamaha 1100 custom
    i guess what i would do is go to a dealer like J&J Motors they have different brands of bikes, or you could google single cylinder motorbikes made in the 21st century, then its just a simple matter of cross checking frame part numbers.

Sponsored Links