1983 KAWASAKI 650 / left turn signal will not flash?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1983 KAWASAKI 650 / left turn signal will not flash?

hi guys, I'm about 1/2 way thru full restore on my '83 Kawasaki CSR 650, for the entire time I've owned the bike since 1983, right thru all of my restore work over the last 5 months, and going thru all electrical to freshen it all up, BOTH of my turn signals worked perfect: fronts on for running lights and flash when selected left or right, rears flash when selected left or right .....out of the blue, literally, the left side will now not flash ?? .....thought somehow I fried the brand new flasher relay, so bought and installed 2nd brand new flasher relay: no go, left side will still not flash ......to note: the front left will illuminate its running light side of the bulb, but when I click the left side of the turn signal switch, both the front and the back on left side will not flash .....??? HELP PLEASE, I changed out no wiring, no fuses are popped (there is no direct fuse for the turn signals, by the way), all grounds appear to be in order .....PLEASE let me know what I should be checking next .....or what you guys think happened after both sides of my turn signals worked and flashed perfectly for 35+ years ....THANK YOU

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

got it guys, took apart switch housing on left handle bar, found hot lead for both sides of flashing with loose / broken solder, resoldered clean & tight, north turn signals work and flash as per factory design ....

Sponsored Links