questin about 1999 yamaha 1600 roadstar
  • Login:

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

questin about 1999 yamaha 1600 roadstar

i Have a 1999 Yamaha raodstar 1600
    The problem i'm having is it acts like it runs out of gas and shuts down then restarts and runs fine again
    some days it won't fail but hear recently it has gotten worse can't trust it
    so far I have rebuilt the carb new seals in intake manifold checked pet cock no clogs tank drains to empty no problem fuel is steadily getting to carb
    Motorcycle will idle for excessive amount of time and then just die and then restart ?
    Does anyone have a electrical idea of were I should start ? Checking im convinced the fuel isn't the problem.!

Moderators note:
    I moved your post to it's own thread.
    It was not in a good place where you originally put it.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 07-29-2019 at 04:26 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnns View Post
    i Have a 1999 Yamaha raodstar 1600
    The problem i'm having is it acts like it runs out of gas and shuts down then restarts and runs fine again
    some days it won't fail but hear recently it has gotten worse can't trust it
    so far I have rebuilt the carb new seals in intake manifold checked pet cock no clogs tank drains to empty no problem fuel is steadily getting to carb
    Motorcycle will idle for excessive amount of time and then just die and then restart ?
    Does anyone have a electrical idea of were I should start ? Checking im convinced the fuel isn't the problem.!

Moderators note:
    I moved your post to it's own thread.
    It was not in a good place where you originally put it.
    it sounds electrical. put a multimeter on the computers inlet power and one on coil power. i believe the 1600 is efi. so computer is either loosing power or a signal of some sort. is the check engine light on? if not i think its power related. if it is, it will tell you where to look if you check codes.
    We gain knowledge by watching, doing, listening, and teaching. Not by insulting. We all can say mean things nicely.

Sponsored Links