Key Fobs?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Key Fobs?

My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50

Key Fobs?

Anyone have anything attached to their MC key?

I've got a piece of leather, just so I can find the key in my pocket amongst the house keys, office keys, and general lint.

But event this piece of leather seems to be wearing a ring around the starter/lock.

WM

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Right Clicker
    My Bike(s)
    06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
    Gordon Texas Latitude: 32.54833 Longitude: -98.36889
    Small keyring with a doubled and laced piece of leather.
    I KNOW THE VOICES ARE NOT REAL
    But sometimes they have good ideals!
    Ride Safe, Ride Long, & Have Fun
    http://www.gordontexas.net/ http://www.gordonvfd.com/
    Benjamin Franklin> They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/1751147.html

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Small key ring with a fob that the dealership gave me and my house key.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fourth gear and illegal
    My Bike(s)
    1972 Honda CL450 Scrambler, 2005 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    I just have a key ring. I have a key ring for my house and miscellaneous keys (cabin, lab, etc.), a key ring for my car keys, and a key ring for each motorcycle. Then, I carry a fake carabiner that I snap the key rings I will need onto.

It is really nice because my keys are kept in one place, and for example, when I inevitably forget something in the house after I've locked it in the morning, I can leave the my car running with its key and disconnect the house key to let myself back inside. If the key rings weren't connected, I could see myself pulling out one key ring while another falls out in who knows what place.
    The world is not my home. I'm just a passin' thru.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    09 Ninja 650r
    I use a carabiner as well. I take the key off for the motorcycle, and pocket the 'biner and other keys when riding.

kari.

My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    It is a good point. I had a buddy in the Marines that had problems with his ignition. The mechanic asked him if he kept a lot of keys on his key ring with his motorcycle key. He did. In fact his key ring looked like that of a high school janitor. The mechanic said that the weight is what messed it up over time. I never put anything other than a house key with it as I never liked having all those keys bouncing around. Any other keys I may need I just carry in a pocket.

My Bike(s)
    2006 Suzuki M50
    So, have any of you had problems with the paint wearing off? I can see that little piece of leather spinning as I drive.

I used to have a foam brain attached, and it seemed to be worse.

Or maybe the foam did all the damage, and the leather isn't really hurting it. I know I won't put anything metal or plastic on the key.

WM

My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    The paint on the triple clamp does get a bit discolored from the house key. I usually flip it forward (if I think about it) and it hangs off the front. It does not move around as much there.

JMD
    Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I have an M50 too and used to use a leather shoestring to hold one key. It still started to leave a ring. I had my daughter make a lanyard keyring from string. That works well for me.

Puddle Runner
    My Bike(s)
    '08 M50 Limited: Black/Silver
    House key, mc key, luggage key, bottle opener which makes it easier to find in pocket and laying around house. My ignition is down on left side. Office keys are a separate chain as well as car keys. Only carry what I need for that day.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2K9 Star Raider
    I just tethered mine to a small key chain because I was sick of the lone key getting lost around the house. Now it hangs in a key holder with the car keys.
    Private signature. Do not read.

Can Ride And Chew Gum
    My Bike(s)
    '08 Suzuki M50,1975 Goldwing,1982 Silverwing
    Motorcycle key and house key. mine is on a key ring with a short leather strap with a metal clip at the end. It was going to scratch so I twisted the leather up so it doesn't touch.
    If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance,Baffle 'em with Bulls!!t!

Roadburner Street Pro's on my M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0IYPcoiVc

Supporting Member

My Bike(s)
    2012 Ninja 1000 ABS, 2002 Bandit 1200 S, 2002 Honda XR50R, 1992 Honda CR125R
    I keep a snap clip on my keyring just for the ignition key and pull it off when I ride. Don't like wearing the paint off the top clamp.

'Busa shock, Racetech forks, Holeshot stage 1 & pipe, Hella headlights, CBRXX clipons, Givi E360 & V46, Zumo 550, Pilot Road 2CTs | Symtec grip heat
    Arai Signet GTR | Joe Rocket Meteor boots, Alter Ego pants, jacket
    | Gerbings liner | Alpinestars SP-1 gloves | Hanes boxer-briefs
    Gems for motorcyclists

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    08 Boulevard M50
    I have a leather piece with an eagle, globe, and anchor on it. I still think it rubs on the plastic a little bit around the keyhole, but I don't think it'll leave any marks that won't buff out.
    2008 Black - HK Strippers, Kury Pilot pegs, C.A. smoke lenses, Drag-ness Stealth II mirrors, black HH 28" drag bars, XOPRODOX Black Raptor OS Grips

Sponsored Links