Summer trip through Europe
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    Honda Deauville

Summer trip through Europe

Hey everyone !

I want to share with you the trip that I took this summer through Europe. It's the first time I'm crossing several country borders and it all came together as a wonderful experience.
    The route was Romania - Hungary - Austria - Germany - Austria - Switzerland - France - Italy - Slovenia - Hungary - Romania. In this video Romania - Germany.

While traveling through Europe is not as big of an undertaking like exploring Mongolia or Africa, it was a great experience to start the appetite for riding around the world.
    I now dream of full blown adventures in the seat of a motorcycle and hope I'll turn them to reality someday.

Safe rides and have fun !

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Looks interesting.

But it starts right off showing a rider splitting lanes between lanes of OPPOSING traffic.
    Is that really legal where it was done ?? Legal or not it strikes me as VERY dangerous.

I will review the rest of it as time permits.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    Honda Deauville
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Looks interesting.

But it starts right off showing a rider splitting lanes between lanes of OPPOSING traffic.
    Is that really legal where it was done ?? Legal or not it strikes me as VERY dangerous.

I will review the rest of it as time permits.

It is legal in Romania but it also looks way more dangerous than it was. It's because the trucks are tall and the lens are wide-angle, it feels like there's more speed and danger involved. Mostly the traffic was standing still and when it was moving it moved with 5 to 10 km/h. You can run faster than that. The purpose of the scene was not to show off my "skills", but more of a statement of how broken the street system that I was leaving behind was. This traffic jam was going for miles and miles. It was the logical thing to do rather than stand still in the burning summer sun with full touring equipment, a fully loaded bike, passenger, in exhaust heat and smoke from all those trucks.

While I'm strongly against lane splitting in normally moving traffic, I think, you can do it safely in still traffic, or even very slow moving one if you pay very close attention to the drivers.
    I am riding for about 5 years now, always filtering when the traffic is frozen and I've always been able to stop at pedestrians crossing between cars in unmarked places, drivers opening doors or attempting to change lanes without signaling.
    If you filter very slow, 5 to 10 km/h at most and are very mindful of your surroundings and body-language of the traffic around, I believe it can be a safe maneuver.

However, this is digressing from the point you made. If you feel like the video shows dangerous behavior, I will remove it or ask for it to be removed and apologize.
    Last edited by tRider; 11-02-2017 at 04:00 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    No just need it put in context.

Thank you.

My Bike(s)
    Honda Deauville
    The next part of the trip is up. This is Germany to Switzerland through Austria.
    I hope it's ok for me to post it like this, I didn't feel it was right to create a new thread.
    Enjoy !

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by tRider View Post
    I didn't feel it was right to create a new thread.
    That's fine. Probably preferred actually.

Please try to keep your posted videos to 5 minutes or less.

My Bike(s)
    Scooter
    Cool video

Sponsored Links