Official welcome thread v.2 - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Bike(s)
    vtx1800r 2006

new to this forum

hello from memphis, i ride an 06 1800rspec2,ong/blk and just recently traded my 1300r for the upgrade and put my cobra fattys on today, they look great!
    nuttin in memphis

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Welcome to the forum, nuttin.

Top Gear ! Full Throttle!
    My Bike(s)
    '06 M50 Black
    Sup!?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50

Hello Everyone

I'm new, rookie i guess you can say. I just registed and stoped in to say HELLO.

M-J Member of the Month!!
    My Bike(s)
    2006 GSXR750
    Quote Originally Posted by 08M50 View Post
    I'm new, rookie i guess you can say. I just registed and stoped in to say HELLO.
    HELLO back at ya.

My Bike(s)
    2009 Electra Glide Standard
    I finally got around to reading the directions for "proper" membership so I'm logging in as a new member.
    I'm on my third bike (2009 Electra Glide Standard) and waiting for our Michigan weather to turn warm so I can take that first ride. Previous bikes were '65 Bonneville and '71 Honda (college bike and a great one). Preparing to retire next year so it's time to start riding again.

Where Am I ?
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    Been reading the site about a month but just signed up recently. I'm a new old rider. Use to race flat track back in the 70's when I was younger. Been off bikes almost 30 yrs. until little over a year ago. Started back out with a '01 Intruder VS800, then in Sept.08 got myself a '08 M50 and have a hard time staying off of it. Already logged about 10k miles. But anyway all that being said Hey ya'll

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    Hey Sting...welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Been reading the site about a month but just signed up recently. I'm a new old rider. Use to race flat track back in the 70's when I was younger. Been off bikes almost 30 yrs. until little over a year ago. Started back out with a '01 Intruder VS800, then in Sept.08 got myself a '08 M50 and have a hard time staying off of it. Already logged about 10k miles. But anyway all that being said Hey ya'll
    Ride long and prosper !

Leaned over, knee down
    My Bike(s)
    05 Mean Streak
    Sting
    Mean Streak: Vance&Hines Big Shots, Mustang Vintage Sport Seat, Kuryakan Iso Grips, Iso Pegs, Custom World Highway Pegs, Cobra Mini Sissy Bar.

M50: Vance&Hines Cruzers, Debadged, Delumped (Seat) SOLD

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Blk. & Slvr M-50
    Quote Originally Posted by 08M50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuLaiDocFMF View Post
    I finally got around to reading the directions for "proper" membership so I'm logging in as a new member.
    I'm on my third bike (2009 Electra Glide Standard) and waiting for our Michigan weather to turn warm so I can take that first ride. Previous bikes were '65 Bonneville and '71 Honda (college bike and a great one). Preparing to retire next year so it's time to start riding again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    to all, from central Cal.

My Bike(s)
    Not Existant Yet

New to bikes

Hey, I just joined looking for advice on what type of bike to buy later this coming summer when I have the money. I've done some research, and I will have the chance to learn on a basic bike when I take lessons for my license before I buy my own. The basic criteria I am looking for is a standard cycle, good for both long distance and short, in-town riding. If anyone has any advice as to what I should look for or what bike I should look at, please let me know.
    Sorry for the length, didn't intend for it to be so long when I started typing,
    Andrew

My Bike(s)
    Not Existant Yet

Question Advice

I'm not sure where else to put this type of post, so if I put it in the wrong place, let me know please.

Hi, I'm new to motorcycles and am looking at getting one sometime this coming summer before I go to college. I have been doing research, and am beginning to get a good grasp on basic technical terms and catagories; I would love to hear personal reasons as to why one bike would be better for me than another.

Here are my criteria:
    -Long Distance and Short Distance Rides: Although I plan to ride this bike around town where my future university is at, my biggest reason for getting one (besides having wanted one for years) is as a cheap, reliable, gas efficient transport between my school, and where my girlfriend is going, 2 and a half hours away.
    -Comfort: Due to the same reasons, comfort for long time periods spent riding is a big factor.
    -Durability and Reliability: I have read some things saying the a higher displacement (larger than 250, but I don't want anything larger than 750 at the absolute most) will stand up to longer rides better.

Although this one is pure vanity
    -Not A Cruiser or Like Style: Nothing against people who like harleys, that style just isnt for me. I really love the styling of the Kawasaki Z1000, but obviously, that bike is way too much bike for me.

Bikes I have considered:
    -Buell Blast: I have concerns about the fact that it's single cylinder, and I have heard it vibrates on the excessive side, a fact that I feel would render it uncomfortable for long rides. Vanity also comes into play; the styling isn't quite what I'm looking for.
    -Suzuki Bandit GSF400: Concerns here include that it is sometimes listed as Sport-Standard, and by pictures, it looks as if the rider would have to lay down more on it than some other standards, making it uncomfortable for long rides.
    -BMW650GS: Biggest concern with this bike is the displacement. I'm wary about if this will be too big for me as a newbie. I have read in some posts that this bike is a good newbie bike, plus it looks to have a comfortable stance and the rest of the appearance isn't too bad either. I haven't read any reviews on it however, so I am less informed about it.

U.B's LoveChild
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Blk. & Slvr M-50
    The best advice is to take the MSF class. You will have a better understanding of what you want and can handle.
    Last edited by pegjay; 02-24-2009 at 09:40 PM.

My Bike(s)
    Not Existant Yet

Msf?

My friend who just got a Ninja 250cc told me about a class offered by our local college that also does driving school (indiana state university); would that be the same thing as an MSF? it's two days, 15 hours long... they supply bikes to learn on. thats all i know so far.

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    Some states, like mine, offer their own version of "MSF" so it is called a bit different..... I checked you Dept of Motor Vehicles website and they say that course meets or exceeds MSF... go for it

Quote Originally Posted by adoit90 View Post
    My friend who just got a Ninja 250cc told me about a class offered by our local college that also does driving school (indiana state university); would that be the same thing as an MSF? it's two days, 15 hours long... they supply bikes to learn on. thats all i know so far.
    Ride long and prosper !

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links