Official welcome thread v.2 - Page 9
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Hello from Va

Hello all. My name is Todd and I say hello from Va. I ride a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T and love it. Been riding for over 2 years now and cant get enough. Glad that I found this site as I am looking for others to ride with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2002 Harley Davidson heritage
    ok,a little intro. Used to ride dirt while in the service of our great country back in the 70's.Got away from bikes shortly after that and recently began riding street, BIG difference. Bought a used 2002 Heritage and took the BRC before getting back on two wheels, smart choice.I recently turned 60 so the sport bikes don't serve me well but the Harley....you betcha! Geared up and have been riding again for a little over a year and 11,000 miles. Love the roads around here,western North Carolina, but a bit apprehensive about the super slabs. Mountain roads I understand after riding a cage on them for 30+ years, super slabs..not so much. hope to learn something here and contribute as well.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by marcn View Post
    Mountain roads I understand after riding a cage on them for 30+ years, super slabs..not so much. hope to learn something here and contribute as well.

Welcome.

Wide variety of riders here; not too many Harleys but several "old farts", including me.

As for riding the Interstates .......stay away from big cities at rush hour (or those that have rush hour all day), keep up with the traffic, leave an extra cushion and you should be fine. Don't ride so long at one stretch that you get sleepy; the superslabs are BORING.

P.S. This time of the year, I'm reluctant to go much over 50 on ANY road because the POT HOLES can be hard on bike and rider if you dive directly into a big one.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    2002 Harley Davidson heritage
    Thanks for the welcome,;I don't think I'll ever be riding during rush hour at least not on purpose and thanks for the tips, good advice. Pot holes,black ice,cold tires are all out to get ya this time of year especially here in the mountains.
    Like on other forums most advice,tips and helpful words apply to all bikes so being one of the few Harleys won't bother me a bit. The close small group I ride with here consist of Suzy's,homemade custom trikes,Harley's and a few rockets for good measure so the company here will work .

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki M50
    New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

My Black M50

Hey! I've been riding for a couple years and I ride a 2008 Suzuki M50. I'ts black and I've put Hard Krome Strippers on it, a Black Thunder Tornado Air Intake, Saddleman profiler tattoo seat, Kuryakyn swing wing pegs and iso grips, a Mapam sissy bar, Switchblade chopped shield, and Cooley's bar risers, as well as a few other goodies, I ordered a Lindby Linbar highway bar but the manufacturer made such a poor weld on the lower mounting bracket it wouldn't fit. I'm looking forward to getting one of Cooley's Spoilers and uploading some pictures. Ride Safe and Ride On!

Cookie Monstress.
    My Bike(s)
    2009 Kawi VN 2000
    OMG you gonna love this forum.... we have quite a contingent of M50 riders....

Quote Originally Posted by 8trackpony View Post
    Hey! I've been riding for a couple years and I ride a 2008 Suzuki M50. I'ts black and I've put Hard Krome Strippers on it, a Black Thunder Tornado Air Intake, Saddleman profiler tattoo seat, Kuryakyn swing wing pegs and iso grips, a Mapam sissy bar, Switchblade chopped shield, and Cooley's bar risers, as well as a few other goodies, I ordered a Lindby Linbar highway bar but the manufacturer made such a poor weld on the lower mounting bracket it wouldn't fit. I'm looking forward to getting one of Cooley's Spoilers and uploading some pictures. Ride Safe and Ride On!
    Ride long and prosper !

Cie
    My Bike(s)
    '07 V* 650 Classic, Li'l Man
    My dh is on his second boulevard since '06. The first was C50, this one C50T. Really a great bike - just a little too wide for me to be comfy riding.

Really love seeing a place where folks can chat ... huge diversity of topic spread, too ... and noobs still coming in (like me!).

Maybe hope to find some more riding buddies, too. (Boy it was a long winter!)

My Bike(s)
    08 Roadliner Midnight
    Hello everyone my name is Sal and I recently purchased an 08 roadliner midnight and love it. I owned an 03 warrior and loved that bike too, but desided to trade up. No regrets here for doing. The bike is great. 1 of many question's to come but have there been any recalls for my year bike?

My Bike(s)
    09 Honda Shadow Aero
    Hello all. From
    Florida

My Bike(s)
    2012 Yamaha FJR1300, 2009 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tour; 1989 Yamaha Virago 750

Saying Hello To The Forum

Hello to all. First post to the Motorcycle Journal forums. I have a 2009 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tour and a 1989 Yamaha Virago 750. It looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

Todd

My Bike(s)
    650 V-Strom,Suz. C50T, Super Sherpa 250

Yo !

Looking forward to enjoying the folks and forum.

My Bike(s)
    1983 Honda Shadow VT500c

New to riding

Hey everyone,
    I have a 1983 Honda Shadow VT500C that was given to me by my father in law shortly before he passed last month.
    I am trying to put it back together to make a nice tribute bike out of it. Someone has cut and hashed the wiring harness and the starter clutch is shot.
    First time riding street or owning a street bike.

Hope to learn lots and reconstruct this bike in the process.

Thanks for listening.

My Bike(s)
    1979 Suzuki
    Hello from South Carolina.

I have a 1979 Suzuki GS 425 and am looking at either a BMW 650 X Country or a Suzuki DR 650 to purchase.

Looks like a great forum!

philos

My Bike(s)
    Harley-Davidson Road Glide

New Guy

Hello, new to the Forums as of today. Current H-D Road Glide owner, but likely to add a BMW R1150GSA or R1200GSA to the garage. Love the RG but want something for the TAT.

Bill

My Bike(s)
    '06 M-50

~Newbie~

Proud owner of a '06 M-50..... Thanks to my hubby who's a 109 owner...Santa was great this year!!! Love going on the M-109 site to get ideas..now I have my own site to go to...I'll be asking tons of questions regarding mods for my bike...so be nice!
    Sorry to all of the northeners that are snowed in~I moved from MA to FL and wouldn't change it..I'll ride for you this weekend...

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links