Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official welcome thread v.2(archived)

37K views 211 replies 117 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Official Welcome thread, v.2

The original Welcome/New Member/Pitstop thread had a lot of dead content and was acting goofy because of its length. Time for a fresh start!

We're seeing more new members than ever lately. Great to have all of you!

#59 ·
Hello to all! Signed up for this forum after visiting quite a few looking for information on the Suzuki M50 as a first bike. The only thing I have ever ridden are those tiny scooters (35mph ones), so I'm REALLY looking forward to joining the big bike ranks. I got my permit last week and have read Proficient Motorcyling cover to cover. Also watched Learn to Ride the Easy Way and Ride Like A Pro V. I'm just waiting for my new license to come in so I can sign up for the MSF and get a spot in either late March or early April.

Just wanted to introduce myself (I'm Tommy btw), and say hi to all those who made this site such a great place. I have found SO much information and I've only really just really skimmed the surface.

Can't wait for spring!!!

#62 ·
Tommy.... good for you :).

I also had an overprotective parent...mom was an emergency room nurse and showed me those dead bodies. At 54 yrs old I finally made my own risk assessment and took MSF and have had the time of my life riding ever since.
Good riding , be safe, and keep the shiny side up....

Annie

#60 ·
Welcome, Tommy! You've certainly gotten off in the right direction. Bravo.

#61 ·
Thanks boss.

I'll be perfectly honest...the thought of riding scares the hell out of me. It's not me I'm worried about, its the other idiots on the road. My parents have been very overprotective my entire life so when I said I wanted a bike at 18 they gave me the whole "not while you're living under my roof". When I turned 23 and moved out and told them I wanted one again they begged me not to. My mother is under the impression that everyone who rides dies or suffers a horrible fate. Well I'll be 30 next week and I think I've waited long enough. I REALLY want to learn to ride and lets face facts, I'm not getting any younger LOL. I am grateful they kept me from getting one for so long...I wasn't ready to handle the responsibility.

I figure if I'm going to take my life in my hands like that I might as well be smart about it. I plan on buying some of the best gear I can find and will definitely follow the ATGATT rule. I live on Long Island where cell phones and screaming kids are more important than controlling the cages people drive. Scary out there.

#64 ·
hi guys, im jeff and from the phillipines, just join in today 12/28/08, a few weeks ago i went to baguio city to visit a friend, and there i found a 1994 suzuki RF400vr just sitting and in bad shape, it has been my dream to have a bike and i was lucky enough that my friend just gave it to me, to be honest i really don't have much idea on how to fix it, luck was on my side when i tried to change the spark plugs, she started, i took her to a mechanic and i was adv to change the timing chain have a change oil and tune up, i am really having a had time looking for a owners manual to learn how to fix the her then i found this forum hoping that someone could help me and send me the specs, and maybe some tips my email is jeffersonmacasu@yahoo.com... thanks.

#70 ·
Good for you Tommy,
I didn't get my first bike until I was 55. I sure regret all the fun I missed in those years. On a bike or in a car the idiots are still out there. Defensive driving is more important on a bike than ever these days with the cell phones and the texting that is going on. Oh by the way I did wreck my first bike a 1998 800 intruder because of an idiot on a cell phone pulling out, stopping then pulling out in front of me. Few scrapes and busies and one month later had a New 2007 M 50. Don't be afraid to ride just be smarter than the idiots.

#76 ·
Hi All, this is my first motorcycle forum and I really have enjoyed all the information I've been finding here. It's great to be able to read others experiences and ideas.
About me: I rode as a passenger with my Dad on and off from age 14. Being of very short stature, 4'9", I never believed I could ride my own bike. In 1996,
at age 42, my husband gave me a gift certificate to a motorcycle safety course. The rest, as they say, is history. I rode two Suzuki Savages (LS650thumper) for eleven years. "Earned" my bell with the first one. Finally upgraded to a v-twin Suzuki Boulevard M50 in 2007 and it's been another learning curve handling a heavier bike. I currently have 9K+ (happy) miles on my M50. My last notable trip with my husband (he rides a HD) was between SW Virginia and Sturgis SD, with a stop in Wyoming at Devil's Tower. Three weeks of bliss.

Okay, I've rambled enough. Later alligator.

#82 ·
browsed this forum, recognized some names, signed on. was looking at it since I just traded my m50 for a c90t, and looking for info on upkeep and maintenance of the 90. I'm a truck and refrig mechanic, so I do my own maint. cold here in E TN, good time to piddle with the bikes (also a Volusia and an Intruder)

#88 ·
Hi All,

new to the forum, yet I have been looking at this and a few others for quite some time, finally decided to sign up. Just saying Hi, I have a 2003 GSXR 1000, blue and white, a 2006 Harley Sportster 1200, and a 2008 M109R. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and commenting/getting comments about all motorcycle related things. Oh, also, I am 24 and have been riding since I was 16, (started on a Kawasaki Ninja zx 600 R, then went to the gsxr 1000 after 3-4 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.