Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    Really it helps to spell it out, because this is just pure gobbledygook for people that live in other countries.

I know it is sometimes hard for some US citizens to comprehend there is a big wide world of english speakers and forum participants outside the USA.

This arcane military terminology and home town references just have no meaning for me for example. I thought you might be in an RN submarine based in Gibraltar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Sprocket Pilot
    My Bike(s)
    2007 M50
    I knew where you were talkin about, I was born there when they were two separate places.

My Bike(s)
    Honda CB650 & CB750
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterDarker View Post
    Really it helps to spell it out, because this is just pure gobbledygook for people that live in other countries.

I know it is sometimes hard for some US citizens to comprehend there is a big wide world of english speakers and forum participants outside the USA.

This arcane military terminology and home town references just have no meaning for me for example. I thought you might be in an RN submarine based in Gibraltar.
    I understand that there are many here who are from other parts of the world that are not the USA. I could just as easily confuse someones location of Harwich as meaning in the USA State of Massachusetts rather than a town near the eastern coast near Ipswich UK or Soho for meaning a neighborhood in Seattle Washington rather than a district in London UK. My point being that we all may have to ask if we really wish to know for certain and is why I told Easy Rider that the question did not make him/her or anyone else dummies.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Fifth gear streak
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 2010
    After your 5 posts on the subject of where you live I still have no idea where you're from!!

But welcome to the forum and watch out for the smart asses that lurk here.

My Bike(s)
    Suzuki M50 (2005)

New M50 owner introduction

Hello everyone. I'm a relative old timer here (55) but just acquired a 2005 Suzuki M50. It had almost no miles on it (400) and so it is virtually new to me and otherwise.

I'm currently living in the Phoenix, Arizona area, (yes it is hot here) and enjoy riding year round. I'm mostly employed doing consulting and design work on the Internet, building websites and maintaining them. The wife works at the post office as a carrier.

I operated several personal websites covering my internet work, photography and I donate my time doing a few christian websites. I guess I need to start a blog for my return to riding!

We had been touring around the US in our 40ft diesel pusher motorhome, had to sell the Honda Goldwing (7 years ago) before we left. So after the motorhome adventure, we've decided to stay put for awhile, as the Grandkids are here, and so I'm back to riding. I'm starting out small as you can tell, as the bike is the "second car" as a backup to get my 2up rider to work if needed. But it's my primary vehicle. I wanted something easy to run around town with. Some day, I'll get back a Gold Wing.

That's all I can think of to say. I love the M50 sub-forum, didn't know there was such a niche following.

K

My Bike(s)
    Honda CB650 & CB750
    Welcome to the Forum form an ol-geezer that likes his privacy (smart-a$$)

My Bike(s)
    Yamaha Stryker
    I'm Chris, just got my first bike a Yamaha Stryker and can't wait to get some ride time in. I'm from San Diego so weather is right all the time.

Found second gear by accident
    My Bike(s)
    05 red m50

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta470 View Post
    I'm Chris, just got my first bike a Yamaha Stryker
    That's a lot of bike for a newbie.
    Take it easy; ride safe.

Have you done the MSF course yet ?
    HIGHLY recommended.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    v-star Royal-star
    Hi, New here. Poking around looking for info on Royal Stars. I am the proud new owner of 2005.
    Been riding a long time. 1970. Past bikes that I can remember.

Honda 350 in 70-71
    Suzuki 500 in 72
    Suzuki 185 enduro in 73
    Harley 1939 80inch flathead UL 73-74
    Honda CR250 (A pair of 'em) in 75-76
    Suzuki 185 in 76-81
    no bike 82-85
    Harley 1939 61inch Knucklehead EL 86-99
    no bike 2000-2005
    Yamaha XT 225 05-present
    Yamaha 05 V-star 650 07-present
    Yamaha 05 Royal Star -Soon

And numerous bicycles.
    Craig

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    I'm kinda facepalming, and lol'ing with almost every new post. I believe El Chorizo was asking for each new member to post his own intro thread. Not pile into this one with shout outs and intros.

My Bike(s)
    v-star Royal-star
    I dunno. You really every new member is going to have an intro thread with its own replies? I've been in a lot of different forums and an intro thread is pretty common. There is occasionally a lot of overlap, with new notes in between replies. But fine.
    ced

Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.

My Bike(s)
    '06 XB12X
    Well...the man does own the joint. Or part of it. So...it ain't for me to question what he asks. Plus we've been doing it that way here since Christ was still doing Carpentry.

My Bike(s)
    83 honda xr80
    Hi folks I have been riding quads about a year & a 1/2 with my daughter she out grew her quad. I traded it for a 83 Honda XR80. I grew up riding Hondas in the 70's I had the mini trail 50, SL70, CR 125 & XL175. Later in my 20's I had a Yamaha street bike that was the last bike I had and that was in the 80's.

My Bike(s)
    98 SA750, 03 SA750, 99 VLX, 01 YZ125
    Hi, Joe in NJ here, Hope this forum will be as enjoyable as some of the others I belong to.
    Currently my main ride is a 98 SA750, but also own a 03-SA750, 99-VLX, 01-YZ125, Polaris, and on the look out for an old PE-175.
    I work at a dealer as a Honda tech and just started my own site that provides Motorcycle electrical components and supplies.
    Hopefully I will be able to help someone out, and Learn something as well. Joe

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links