Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. - Page 9
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Bike(s)
    Suzuki Boulevard C109R 2008
    Hi All,
    New to the forum, not new to riding.
    Been away from bikes for 10+ years.
    Just picked up a mint 2008 C109R.
    Never riden a cruiser before so feel like Im learning to ride all,over again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyboulevard View Post
    Just picked up a mint 2008 C109R.
    Never riden a cruiser before so feel like Im learning to ride all,over again.
    Welcome.
    After being away for 10 years.....and with a fairly BIG new style bike......you really are learning to ride all over again.
    If you treat it that way you should be fine.
    Good luck.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    hello all. I got a new to me 99 yamaha xvs-1100 v star custom. i got it last year at 6,000 miles. has 10k now.
    New to road bikes. Been riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers since i was 12.
    On the iron range in Minnesota.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

My Bike(s)
    Presently looking!
    Hi there, my name is Eddie and I am presently looking for a Motorcycle after 3 years off from a car accident. I found a 2003 SV650S at what seems to be a reasonable price of $2500 w/ 5,500 miles. It appears to be in pretty good shape from the picture (only 1) but I still need to see it up close! Does anyone know if that year is compatible w/any other Suzuki bike parts? I like what I've heard about some people upgrading the front brake calipers (and rotors) I suppose? unless the also means a fork change out!

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, 2007Yamaha 1100 custom
    https://www.svrider.com/forum/search...rchid=26863049 target fixation is a real thing.help keep you out of the ditches.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    That link brought up nothing for me. Maybe you have to have an account there ??

As for the original post.......
    The SV 650 has a pretty solid reputation.
    Having a shop go over it BEFORE you buy is always a good idea.

As for "upgrading" the brakes......on pretty much anything.......
    It is highly likely that applying the brakes real hard will lock the wheel, so you don't need anything better than that.
    "Upgraded" brakes were designed for racing and are generally a waste of money on most street machines.

This is true of most other "upgrades" too.

My opinion: Find a bike you like and RIDE it.......and spend a minimal amount of time screwing with changing things on it.
    Mine doesn't even get washed very often.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    99 xvs 1100 vstar custom
    picked up a 99 xvs-100 v-star custom. had 6kmiles when i got it last year, little over 11k now. in the process of making it mine. harley bags, maybe a cvo style rear fender, classic fairing. it does have custom paint, unfortunately it is coming off. so hopefully i will be painting it this winter.(black cherry pearl with candy flames) And pull the motor and black out the jugs. but I did find out that im faster than a harley with the 102. i think it was an fxr, not totally sure. he wanted to race and, i was increasing the gap in every gear.(i think he would have me on topend though) he thought my bike had 1800cc. was baffled when i said 1100cc. same thing at the next light. he pulled off before the next light. lol. hurt pride i think... anyway. i want to put mid grind cams in it and the performance computer and coils eventually. but i think a clutch will be first. i have pod filters and a home built drag pipes. jetting still isnt quite right, but it runs well enough and i get 40mpg highway.

Ditch Magnet
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, 2007Yamaha 1100 custom

My Bike(s)
    Boulevard M50 '05
    Hi, my name is Luk. Come from Poland and have bike Boulevard M50 for 3 years. I found this forum because i looked at possibility to add my Boulevard windshield Memphis Shaded. One of topic shows how to make it with minor changes. I went fuhrer and done modyfication without any construction changes. Look at topic "Bullet Fairing on M50?"

Cheers

PS.: Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by becon; 05-28-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by becon View Post
    PS.: Sorry for my bad english.
    Welcome.

I think your command of English is better that some who don't know any other language.

Hello,
    I'm Gianni and I'm a proud owner of a Suzuki Intruder VS1400 of 1990.

I live in the Canary Islands and i like to make some works on my little babe!

Nice to meet You.
    Lamp
    Last edited by Juan71; 05-29-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: adding info

My Bike(s)
    '85 Suzuki GS1150E / '07 Suzuki SV1000S / '95 Triumph Daytona 1200
    Good morning you Buzzuki Riders! I'm new to this forum...but not new to motorcycles and also have a close affiliation w/Suzuki motorcycles...as I was a Gen Mgr & Sales Mgr @ a Suzuki franchise from 1977 to 1984 and then a GM/SM @ a Honda franchise until 1990. Some 50 years of owning/riding experience (addiction). Have personally owned some 45-46 motorcycles (that I can remember) and am always buying "something" and riding awhile and then selling for something else (keeps me in my "habit" or "addiction" cheaply). Mainly Big Bore Sport'Sport Touring types. Fond of the 1970's / 1980's / 1990's models. Now own 3 bikes...a 1985 Suzuki GS1150E (10K miles)...a 2007 Suzuki SV1000S (9K miles)...and a 1995 Triumph Daytona 1200 (5K miles). I like finding clean, undamaged, unmolested, low mileage motorcycles...don't want to do much other than wax 'em & ride 'em!

Names jc I live in FL from TN. Nothing there for me anymore after my daughter passed last May 25th 2018.I own a 07 m50 and I honestly can't let my hands get idol for any amount of time with out almost self destruction. Anyways I I stalled mini apes on. Mine and have a few questions just in general because even though I wrench not professionally but can't afford any other option at this time in my life. I need to ask questions and don't have anyone to ask who don't wanna charge. Thnx

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsizzle38 View Post
    Names jc I live in FL from TN. Nothing there for me anymore after my daughter passed last May 25th 2018.I own a 07 m50 and I honestly can't let my hands get idol for any amount of time with out almost self destruction. Anyways I I stalled mini apes on. Mine and have a few questions just in general because even though I wrench not professionally but can't afford any other option at this time in my life. I need to ask questions and don't have anyone to ask who don't wanna charge. Thnx
    Welcome.
    We have some pretty skilled amateurs on here......but no actual working professional mechanics, I think.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Sponsored Links