Newby to the Forum AND the Suzuki C50t Boulevard
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Newby to the Forum AND the Suzuki C50t Boulevard

It's been 30 years since I put over 70k miles on a Kawasaki 750 Four - I rode everywhere, almost every day - it was my only transport! About a day away from buying a gently ridden (10k miles) 2005 C50t. Loved the big bike feel and middleweight weight. Do I really need more than 800cc after all? Will post pics of the bike when it's in my garage. Appears to be stock - except it does have fender bumpers and a passing light bar. Think rest is 100% stock. First things will be all fluids and most hoses replaced. Second will be better lighting all the way around. Safe riding, y'all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Welcome.

I think 800 is plenty for most people.
    My 900 Vulcan certainly was plenty for me.

(Note: Please put your posts in only ONE sub-forum. There isn't a lot of traffic here and most users see everything regardless of where it is put. I deleted your other one.)
    Don't believe everything that you think.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C90T
    i
    Quote Originally Posted by cptexas1 View Post
    It's been 30 years since I put over 70k miles on a Kawasaki 750 Four - I rode everywhere, almost every day - it was my only transport! About a day away from buying a gently ridden (10k miles) 2005 C50t. Loved the big bike feel and middleweight weight. Do I really need more than 800cc after all? Will post pics of the bike when it's in my garage. Appears to be stock - except it does have fender bumpers and a passing light bar. Think rest is 100% stock. First things will be all fluids and most hoses replaced. Second will be better lighting all the way around. Safe riding, y'all!
    I have an 08 C90T. Traded in an 02 Marauder 800 for it. I ride with a group on weekends, one guy has the C50 and likes it. I do know one guy had a C90 and actually traded for the C50. Said it handled better. As far as my C90T goes, seldom turn a wrench on it except usual maintenance, have 14k miles. I weigh about 190 and found that on the 800 I got buffeted by wind a lot more than now. Only thing I did to mine was for comfort: Mustang seat with adjustable backrest and 4 inch handle bar risers, Kuryakyn Iso grips. I plan to keep mine till I can't ride anymore. A long time, I hope! If it's clean, I'd go for it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    I am....maybe....close to deciding that I might think about trading my MT09 on an M50....same bike mostly as the bike you are looking at. I love the look of the smaller capacity machine....reckon the bigger Suzuki cruisers dont have the same appeal.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
    I am....maybe....close to deciding that I might think about trading my MT09 on an M50....
    If you can find a late model lightly used Kaw Vulcan 900 custom, give it a test ride before you switch.

Hands down the best bike I ever owned.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

M-J Lifetime Achievement Award
    My Bike(s)
    Yamaha MT09
    I am very undecided!
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

My Bike(s)
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C90T
    M109 is a big hulk of a bike. 800 or 900 has plenty of power and would probably handle better. If you ride a lot of twisties, ligher bike may be more fun.

In Training
    My Bike(s)
    2002 SV-650N, Yamaha 1100 custom,2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Steve View Post
    I am....maybe....close to deciding that I might think about trading my MT09 on an M50....same bike mostly as the bike you are looking at. I love the look of the smaller capacity machine....reckon the bigger Suzuki cruisers dont have the same appeal.
    i picked up a sv650 last december about 400 pounds. my yamaha 1100, air cooled, carburated, just about 620 pounds i would trade you for your mt09 in a second. the yamaha has been an excellant bike you should put it on your list. the custom and classic have different seats so try them both.

Sponsored Links