Mission Impossible Bike chase
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mission Impossible Bike chase

I suggest you to check the Mission Impossible Bike chase
    (Link to video deleted)

Moderators note:
    There are a couple of problems with this:
    First, it might be an illegal use of copyrighted material.
    Second, this site does not promote motorcycle riding that is illegal or dangerous.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 01-14-2019 at 09:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    Quote Originally Posted by mimo12 View Post
    Moderators note:
    Second, this site does not promote motorcycle riding that is illegal or dangerous.
    I would ask who determines what is dangerous? And dangerous to who? What one person does and does well another might die trying and this is common...In this case being a movie, it was not illegal or dangerous. I have been in two films and a stunt rider in one.
    Last edited by Outlaws Justice; 01-16-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    Quote Originally Posted by mimo12 View Post
    I suggest you to check the Mission Impossible Bike chase
    (Link to video deleted)

Moderators note:
    In case no one told you riding a motorcycle in Dangerous, 30 times more dangerous than driving a car...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MotorcycleForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaws Justice View Post
    I would ask who determines what is dangerous? And dangerous to who? What one person does and does well another might die trying and this is common...
    I do, in this case.

Stunts and riding fast are fine.......IF done on a track where that kind of activity belongs.

On public streets.......not so much.
    Don't believe everything that you think.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I do, in this case.

Stunts and riding fast are fine.......IF done on a track where that kind of activity belongs.

On public streets.......not so much.
    Ok, tell me if this is ok? And if not Why?

(Moderators Note: )

Picture deleted.

Are you REALLY trying to get yourself thrown off of this forum ??
    It sure looks like it.
    And you are very close.
    Last edited by Easy Rider; 01-16-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    I provided the link that would have given the details...

If you didn't know, that is Quinn Redeker of Ventura PD. The stoppy was part of a promotional thing he did in town. Quinn is one %%%%%% rider- he swept virtually every Training Event cone contest he entered. Most remarkable was when he first started competing, his times were several seconds of the very best times by others- raised the game to a whole new level. He and his wife are super nice people to boot. He moved out of the traffic unit a few years ago and recently promoted to Sgt.

FYI, That picture was of a Law Enforcement officer demonstrating on a closed course The Street was closed with barricades for a charity event. He happens to be the Top motor-cop in CA and a member of the Venture Police Department. He works with the State motorcycle training program and assists with professional development of the State Coaches at the state updates. If you had clicked the link the story about the picture explained it all.

So I would ask that you please put the picture back up. With the story,

In your own words "Stunts and riding fast are fine.......IF done on a track where that kind of activity belongs."
    Last edited by Outlaws Justice; 01-16-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Seat Tester
    My Bike(s)
    2002 VS800
    I saw the original post before it got deleted and don't remember seeing any link. Even if there was a link, that's irrelevant to me. You posted a pic that appears to be a cop hot-dogging on a public street and asked "OK, tell me if this is O.K. ? And if not Why ?"

That's known as "baiting" and that's a sucker's move. Only AFTER the pic got deleted, you come up with the written explaination. Somewhat disingenuous, don't ya think ?

Every forum has it's own House Rules and like it or not, agree with it or not, those who don't abide by the House Rules usually find themselves looking for another forum. Speaking only as a registered member here and not part of Admin, but most of us know a troll when we see one.
    Riding Ain't A Hobby, It's A Lifestyle

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    I am sorry, The Link was posted below the picture with the explanation that Is now copied and pasted above. I am sorry if you did not see the link but of course, it was deleted. I was not baiting, if I had been I would NOT have posted the link as I know the story behind the picture and it has been around for several years. I am not trolling, I just think it is very important NOT to just up and give up your rights. I believe in rules and following them. We should always be able to question those making the rules and make sure that we are all on the same page with them. Quinn is a great guy and I have personally worked with him...

One of the problems we face today is that everyone is quick to jump to a conclusion or quick to criticize others, in the case of this post I think it would have been much more productive if he did not want to read the link to send me a PM asking or telling me instead of again making threats in an open forum. That in and of itself is what makes you look at me as trolling when there was no such intent behind the post.

I did not get to see the original post, but being a clip from a movie already tells me that it was a MOVIE which means it was NOT done in public but on a closed course with stuntmen and more than likely with special effects...So it did not violate the rules either.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    I am sorry, The Link was posted below the picture with the explanation that Is now copied and pasted above. I am sorry if you did not see the link but of course, it was deleted.
    **I** did not see the link either.
    If I had, the situation would be different.

If it was there, it might have gotten tangled up with the URL for the picture so that it didn't display with the message.

Things like that are less likely to happen if you view/proof your posts after they are sent.

Sinical hit the nail on the head.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    I just think it is very important NOT to just up and give up your rights.

instead of again making threats in an open forum.
    This is a privately owned system. You have NO rights.

And it was YOU who asked the snide question in public so that's where you got the answer.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    **I** did not see the link either.
    If I had, the situation would be different.

If it was there, it might have gotten tangled up with the URL for the picture so that it didn't display with the message.

Things like that are less likely to happen if you view/proof your posts after they are sent.

Sinical hit the nail on the head.
    I did view and proof the post after I posted it even checking to make sure the link worked after I posted it. You are also correct that is a private forum and I have no rights. But The original poster and I BOTH were following the rules as explained by you. I think there is a quick jump made instead of checking and making sure that what is being enforced is actually within the rules.

My Question was not snide, it was short and to the point with everything provided, but being rash and quick to judge the picture is all that you saw, You were then upset that I did it and did not see beyond that. Not even looking for the link... That is something we all need to do is slow down and not be so quick to make a judgment before all the facts are determined as is the case with the link and picture I posted.
    Last edited by Outlaws Justice; 01-16-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Super Moderator

My Bike(s)
    Can-AM Spyder
    , You were then upset that I did it and did not see beyond that. Not even looking for the link... That is something we all need to do is slow down and not be so quick to make a judgment before all the facts are determined as is the case with the link and picture I posted.
    I was "upset" that you were taking yet another jab at ME.

Two strikes.

One more and you are OUT.

Banned
    My Bike(s)
    2007 Yamaha Vmax
    I was "upset" that you were taking yet another jab at ME.

Two strikes.

One more and you are OUT.
    Again that was the mentality you had when you looked at the post. But that was NOT the intent and you acted brashly without actually reading the rest of the post or looking at the link. That is the problem here.

I will save you the trouble. Since you want to be always right and be the king, the playground is all yours. Enjoy.

Sponsored Links