Black Chrome Exhaust Cleaning???
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    '85 Suzuki GS1150E / '07 Suzuki SV1000S / '95 Triumph Daytona 1200

Black Chrome Exhaust Cleaning???

I recently purchased a 1985 Suzuki GS1150E in original stock condition. It has the factory "Black Chrome" dual exhaust system on it. Bike only has 10K miles on it and was a 1 owner cycle. Very nice condition. The exhaust system is in good shape...but has some minor "staining"...with what looks like water or some other sort of liquid stains (small spots) on the system from header to rear canisters. I was wondering if anyone has used something that did a good job at cleaning one of these stock systems...without doing damage to the finish...or becoming "white-ish" after exhaust heats up (which can happen using just a wax type cleaner).

Also...it's the Blue & White paint scheme and I tried to find a "paint code" (need some "blue" paint for 2 very minor chips) and could not. Tried some online suppliers and they need a "paint code" (like Color-Rite). I called US Suzuki and was told they had no info for a model that old...as they only had info in their system from later years and beyond. I think the guy said 1996 and beyond. It may be the same blue Suzuki used from the early 1980's (like the Wes Cooley GS1000S series bikes / '79 & '80...and the '82 or '83 GS1100ES...that had that similar blue & white paint).

Any help on either question would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links