New member from Katy, TX - 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner rider
Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.

Welcome to the Motorcycle Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Bike(s)
    2008 Yamaha Stratoliner

New member from Katy, TX - 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner rider

Hello, all. I sold my last bike, a Suzuki Volusia 800 cc, about three years ago and decided I would not replace it. This year I spotted a deal on a 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner - I loved the lines - and I am back in the saddle. The difference between the two bikes is significant and in some ways I feel like I am learning to ride all over again. Much more power. A lot more bulk. Certainly a smoother ride. This is certainly not a 'nimble' bike. But for getting out and cruising, d*mn!

It was pretty much stock when I picked it up and I have already added a few items. Kuryakyn rear boards, DEI Heat Shields on the pipes to redirect some of the BTUs away from feet and legs, Mustang Wide Touring seats, a customized Hopnel Tank Bib (since nobody seems to make a full-length bib for this model, Punisher air-valve caps (not sure that qualifies as an official mod but I have them on my car as well), Gremlin Bell, and coming soon: Jardine Highway Bars, pull-back risers, and I have GOT to get a shorter windshield.

I'm here to hang out, ask some questions and maybe answer a few, and meet folks particularly if anyone in the Houston area gets together for rides.

Sponsored Links